B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so which direction would you head?

******PERFORMANCE******
1. Stromung Exhaust
Header
Underdrive pulley
*****HANDLING********
2. Yokohama A520's
Rear Stabilizer Bar
Drop 1.5"

I can't decide which way I want to go, as most of you know I run a 15.97 at 83.78mph with PR CAI. Which path would you take? I was thinking even if I got out of the import racing the suspension would still greatly benefit my daily driving! All suggestions welcome even if not on list.

-iLL

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey man, not sure if you can still get in that Stromung deal, you'll have to talk with Max. As for the next upgrade...I'd put it on either an exhaust or header.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well if you are going to be dragging alot then i would deffinetly go for the performance choices you listed but also you gotta figure this,,,if your gonna be adding a few horses to the car you'll also want to beef up the suspension as well....but i'd go for the exhaust part first but like Marvin said check with Maxx first to see if you can still jmp on the bandwagon...

see i went for some exterior mods first now i'm gonna do some performance mods which i have the Stromung cat-back on the way and then the Unorthodox pulleys are next in line then when HS decides to make the headers then those will follow the pulleys,,,and then hopefully a JWT ECU.....

then I want to do some things on the suspesion like i want to pick up the Stillen rear adjustable sway bar and i also want to get some coilovers...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
841 Posts
Get suspension, that's what I'm doing. Spring is coming up and weather is gonna be nice. Then when summer hits you won't be able to put out your best timing because of the heat.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Definately get the header, exhaust, and pulleys. This is assuming you already have an intake. If you don't be sure to get one too.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sentra Stylin....my car envy's your's!
-----How much are pulleys and what exactly do they do. (please pardon my ignorance)
~Mike~

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
-----How much are pulleys and what exactly do they do. (please pardon my ignorance)
~Mike~

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I believe that Darkside_SE did the pulley's
or was it 2000SE well check one of their websites out and ask one of them for the performance of them I do not have them yet but the are really soon in the future(damn income tax)

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
~Mike~

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
it was definetly Darkside_SE that did the pulley's and he paid around $230.00+tax for them and he got them at www.importpartsplus.com,,but i'm sure that you might be able to find them somewhere a little cheaper.....

but anyways thanks for the compliment that your car envys mine.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited February 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
HEADERS! You stand to gain anywhere from 8-15 horsepower from a good header. I haven't seen beyond 5-6 with an exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
http://i17.yimg.com/17/a9e3f3b0/h/8827116/Mvc00139+copy.jpg

i got them at a local shop, importpartsplus.com has them i think for $210-220. It woulda have come out to the same price with shipping and tax so i got them local. paid $230+tax and $40 to install

if the pic doesnt work, check the link on my sig to see them.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*"]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph]*myb15*[/URL][/url]

·
Registered
259 Posts
hey dark...

one good thing about IMPP is no sales tax and shipping can be as little as $3.50. When i ordered stuff from him, that was my experience. not tax, $3.50 to ship and it was here in FLA in 3 days. would've been here in two if i would've given him the right zip code! (smacks head)

------------------
MY PAGE

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Go with the HS Header! Didn't it give a dyno proven 9hp? Correct me if im wrong.

btw, Darkside i looked at your pics and DAMN your car is dope with the black 16's on it!! Sweet as F**K!!

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
HS doesn't have a header designed specificaly for the B-15 yet
thats what i'm waiting on...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
headers is my best bet.... thats why I ordered them....

Darkside, I am a fellow San Diego Nissan, where did you get your pulleys and how much were they? How many ponys did you get from them? Can you feel a significant difference?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nismo00:
Go with the HS Header! Didn't it give a dyno proven 9hp? Correct me if im wrong.

btw, Darkside i looked at your pics and DAMN your car is dope with the black 16's on it!! Sweet as F**K!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks man, im tryin to keep it looking clean with a hint of rice ;p

And as for the pulleys, i got them @ARD in Chula Vista for $230+tax. You can get for less @importpartsplus.com

I got chris from sr20developement to install for me. Took about an 2hours mainly cuz we were shooting the sh*t while he was working. Give him a ring. He might even know where u can get them cheaper.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*"]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph]*myb15*[/URL][/url]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts