B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I can't wait to go pick up my 2001 Sentra SE w/pp on 5/18/01. I was really big into the DSM scene, I had it for 5 years though, so I decided to try something different:) I just have a couple of questions;

On Place Racing's site they don't list a CAI for the 2001. Do I just need to call them for one?
How low does it go down into the fender? Just a bit worried about sucking up water.

If any are interested, here is a link to my old site with my Talon. It has my mods, stereo, blah, blah. http://tusktechnologies.org/

I never had it to the track, but it was around 300hp, LOW 13s/HIGH 12s in the 1/4. Can't wait to see what I can do to this:)

Mmmmmmm, only 2 more days until I can pick it up........

G

·
Gee....I hope you won't be dissapointed with your Sentra. hahaha. 15's to a high 14 are all you will see N/A. BTW, Welcome to the board! :)

Yes, PR does have a 2001 CAI. I have one on my car. It doesn't extend very far into the fenderwell. The filter sits just a couple inches below the opening.

Because of the location of the filter, it is virtually impossible to suck up water unless you drive through a puddle deep enough to submerge it. I have driven through moderate rain with my CAI on with no problems what so ever. I checked the filter periodically, and it stayed dry. The performance gain is noticeable. It's a good investment for the money.

PR may not have all the colors in stock. I had to get a color I didn't want because I was sick of waiting. (long story.)

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know I'm gonna miss the turbo, but I have, um, plans:) I get a pretty fat bonus for completeing my MCSE, which is still a long ways away, but.... :)

Mmmmmmmmm, forced induction:)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the NIssan world. Congrats on your new purchase. All I can say is expect to be frustrated with the aftermarket support out there. Especially if you're coming from DSM land where mods are soooooo plentiful. The JDM market has tons of stuff for the SR20DE but the only problem is that we don't have an ECU that we can run all that stuff with yet. But then again, if you have the money, you can just get the ECU reprogrammed by a custom shop.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey welcome to the boards:)

But if this will help you the part number for the CAI that I used in my car is CAI05AG.....And as far as the water issue where it sits in the fender you will have no worries what so ever on sucking up water,,Unless you drive thru a small lake or stream.....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Also I forgot to add that the filter sits about an inch below the oval cut out that your stock cutout comes up thru the fender compartment,,,you'll see what I'm talking about when you get your car and look into there....

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
How much was that CAI you guys all are gonna get or already have??

·
Registered
312 Posts
Alex,

As part of a group buy, we got them for about $160. I'm
not sure what they run normally... $219 maybe? Just a
guess.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! We are here and welcome you to preuse the boards with searching, and just plain asking us about anything!! Life here on the boards is great. Thanks for joining, and have fun with your SE! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts