B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been interested in sentras till I drove my Spec V...

I'm interested in knowing what mods are possible for this car and where should I start...

also...I know there is a program you can run on a lap top and you can buy a chip for your ecu on DSMs to be able to fine tune your ECU....do they make such a thing for sentras?

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
no ECU for the sentra yet, basically your mods can be as follows... intake(AEM,Hotshot,Injen,K&N(my personal recommendation), Nismo) header (hotshot(my recommendation), AEBS, Stillen, OBX,Nismo) exhaust(greddy, stromung, nismo,Apexi, Vibrant... it goes on) underdrive pulley (Unorthadox Racing) short shifter (TWM, B&M, Mossy/Nismo) Air/Fuel Electronics (Apexi, someonelse but i forgot who) I mean it goes on but you get the idea, all your bolt on needs... Nitrous, then you got your Turbo (FI-R, PTI are the favored) thats ur basic ****

·
Registered
774 Posts
OK....first thing is BEWARE of asking questions before using the search button. So many topics have been discussed and people on this forum will tear you up if you ask questions like this that have been asked billions of times before. Trust me on that. But the basic mods that most people do is a header (usually hotshot header), a CAI (AEM, Hotshot, Injen), exhaust (most people on here will attest by stromung, but greddy makes one, as well as VRS, and some others as well), short shifters (made by either nismo, or TMW I believe), the only computer control module they make for our cars are the universal ones like Apexi SAFC II and Greddy E-Manage and things like that. DO NOT BUY ECU CHIPS OFF EBAY WHATEVER YOU DO! It will mess up your car guaranteed. There is also a balance shaft removal kit from Jim Wolf Technologies (JWT), Unorthodox Pullies, camshafts from JWT I think , nitrous wet kits, turbo's by either Powertech Imports or Travis on this website, koni adjustable shocks, JIC coilovers, TEIN Coilovers, TEIN, Eibach, Progress, Tanabe, and other lower springs, body kits, rims, tires, sway bars (nismo or eibach), and the list goes on. There are a fair amount of veterans on this website to help you out including Travis and Stephen (Niceguy) which are probably the two best gearheads on this site that I can think of. The best websites to buy from are Jamie from powertechimports.com and andy at hpautoworks.com as well as ptuning.com and southwestautoparts.com and blah blah blah. I'm done for tonight. If you have any questions, you can PM me or hit me up on AIM at berber5985. Welcome to the forum and I hope some of that helps you out a little. There is much to be learned young one. Enjoy the search button because you should be spending a lot of time there. Be careful being a newbie and good luck!

·
Registered
774 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
no ECU for the sentra yet, basically your mods can be as follows... intake(AEM,Hotshot,Injen,K&N(my personal recommendation), Nismo) header (hotshot(my recommendation), AEBS, Stillen, OBX,Nismo) exhaust(greddy, stromung, nismo,Apexi, Vibrant... it goes on) underdrive pulley (Unorthadox Racing) short shifter (TWM, B&M, Mossy/Nismo) Air/Fuel Electronics (Apexi, someonelse but i forgot who) I mean it goes on but you get the idea, all your bolt on needs... Nitrous, then you got your Turbo (FI-R, PTI are the favored) thats ur basic ****
^^ HAHA dude....that's great....we might as well have quoted each other!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnx guys....I know about the search feature...but just asking is much quicker and I didn't have a lot of time...still don't for that matter....how much HP can the stock block handle on a Spec V?

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Here, this may help, it's a pretty cheesy NFSU type mod upgrade list, it gives you a good overview of what is currently possible within the aftermarket for the b15 sentra.

B15 STAGE I ("Easy Bolt On"):

Engine: intake, header, exhaust, pulley, timing advance
Tranny: Nismo or TWM SS, motor mount inserts, Redline Oil
Shock/Spring: Konis/Spring, Tein Basic, Nismo S-tune kit
Suspension: Nismo front tie bar, front and rear sway bars
Brakes: street pads on oem or blank rotors

B15 STAGE II ("Extreme Street"):

Engine: BSR, SAFC2, Nitrous, Cams, TB/Manifold mods, high flow exhaust (no cats), ECU?
Tranny: B&M SS, PR mounts, street clutch/flywheel
Shock/Spring: Shortened Konis/GC, Tein SS, JIC FLT-A1/A2
Suspension: Nismo bushing kit, 0 toe rear beam bend, -1.0 front camber
Brakes: race pads with slotted race rotors and ss lines

B15 STAGE III ("Competition"):

Engine: motor swap, forced induction, racing n/a
Tranny: strenghtened/rebuilt transmission, race clutch/flywheel
Shock/Spring: TrueChoice Phase Four, Ground Control Advance Design
Suspension: reinforced chassis w/integrated rollcage
Brakes: piston upgrade with bigger rotors

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
SPECSen said:
thnx guys....I know about the search feature...but just asking is much quicker and I didn't have a lot of time...still don't for that matter....
Searching can be frustrating, but don't give up on it just yet. Think of this board as one really long never ending conversation, and those that have been here longer than you have the potential to get irritated because something gets asked over and over.

Hey, we all don't have a lot of time. Try and make friends with the search page, once you get to know it you'll be using it more often. Use multiple search strings with AND, you could even use OR and NOT if you're feeling particularly savvy. Thinking of the right keywords can also make the difference.

The search page currently has a pretty negative association, mostly because results are "unclean" or you don't find exactly what you're looking for. Disgruntled older members simply yelling "SEARCH" doesn't help matters either. Think of search as a key to an oracle of b15 tuning knowledge, once you know how to use the key you'll find your answers and more. If you look hard enough, you can even find posts by known tuners, like Mike Kojima, Dave Coleman and Sarah Forst. It's out there...you just have to find it. ;)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
SPECSen said:
thnx guys....I know about the search feature...but just asking is much quicker and I didn't have a lot of time...still don't for that matter....how much HP can the stock block handle on a Spec V?
It sucks not to have time for research, but there's so many things that you are missing just by doing a simple search. It is quicker that we just hand out the exact information you need, but we have talked about it over and over again! :) Search for "stock internals" "stock internals QR25" "stock internals spec v", stuff like that. Good luck and welcome to the boards, btw! :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
the stock bottom end right now I think has been proven around 250 whp I believe, but really, if you have any questions, just hit me up. I have no life, so I'm usually around...haha....j/k. But I am on a lot.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Berlinwall5985 said:
the stock bottom end right now I think has been proven around 250 whp I believe, but really, if you have any questions, just hit me up. I have no life, so I'm usually around...haha....j/k. But I am on a lot.
thnx I will prolly take ya up on that sometime...

thnx for the info guys....

believe me I know all about the "search" problems and I know how to use it...just didn't want to spend the time at that exact moment...I know i'm new to THIS forum...so i'll be using the search tool more often

thnx again guys

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
SPECSen said:
thnx I will prolly take ya up on that sometime...

thnx for the info guys....

believe me I know all about the "search" problems and I know how to use it...just didn't want to spend the time at that exact moment...I know i'm new to THIS forum...so i'll be using the search tool more often

thnx again guys
It's all good, and let us know if you need any additional help. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts