B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having an issue with my 2003 Nissan Sentra Spec-V. The engine was vibrating very hard and was not idling properly and I lost ALL power, I have changed the fuel pump, cleaned the injectors, new spark plugs, new engine and trans mounts, and that did not fix anything. I finally did a Throttle Body Sensor re-set and instantly got my idle and power back, but there is still a small vibration to the car that you can feel in the steering wheel and seats coming from the passenger side. My mechanic is certain it is now my balancing shaft chain. I am hoping to get some tips and input on this before I continue to drop more and more money into my Nissan.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hard to tell. It could be ur balance shaft. Its known to seize. But like me and others we cut it off or BSR it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have over 207K on my 2002 Spec V. It only happened to me twice on a wet raining day. When I stepped on the gas, it lost power and kinda choke. I haven't had issues since. I cleaned the MAF sensor and it helped. I have Balance Shaft Removal since around 36K. I assumed your mechanic checked the engine mount as well. It is known to be jello-like. I agree with Isolee, Go with BSR. However, you will have more vibration during idle though. I'd say the extra ponies is worth the trade-off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts