B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my SE yesterday and dam its the bomb!!! Unfortunately I stalled it about 4 times in the 4 hours I drove it around this mornin, but I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it in another day or two...Any break-in advice for a newbie 5-spd driver, I'm taking it as slow as possible for now...I did alot better this morning than the test drive though, stalled the demo car 5 times, the guy must have really wanted to sell the car to put up w/ me :)

Been reading the boards for awhile & its great to know so many knowledgeable people are eager to help. I used to drive a Toyo, but definately a converted Nissan fanatic!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the board. It is cool that you love you b15. Enjoy your ride :D

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
I'm glad you like your car!... So what part of NYC are you from?... I was born and raised in Brooklyn...Now i live in Hawaii...... :D You will find this board so usefull... If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me or the rest of the Gang... Enjoy and race safely....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the board! We're all more than glad to help you with any and all questions!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Most definitely welcome to the boards! There's tons of info here, and many people that like to help. You've been here for awile, so I'll save the BS for someone that just got here. :D Good luck!

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Welcome...

Break it in slow like the book says. Under 4K?? rpm I think, for the first 1000 mi and easy on the aceleration. I have 4000 miles and just hit 6K rpm the other day. Its no garantee but engine life and future performance will likely be better with an easy break-in.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
Re: Welcome...

adc100 said:
Break it in slow like the book says. Under 4K?? rpm I think, for the first 1000 mi and easy on the aceleration. I have 4000 miles and just hit 6K rpm the other day. Its no garantee but engine life and future performance will likely be better with an easy break-in.

adc's right on. under 4k for the first 1k miles. i switched to synthetic @ 3k.

enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Welcome to the boards and the family....

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got the GXE auto too but I love my ride. I chose and bought it and i will live with it. :p May change the engine or tranny after the warranty expired tho...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome aboard!

We have another Nissan Convert...

Hope you like your SE as much as the others, it's "the" choice among members...
To think Nissan was struggling not long ago - you would never know from the responses from the faithful here!

Don't worry about the shifting, it doesn't take long to get a hang of - just watch out for 1st, occassionally it doesn't notch in on the first try when it's realy new and being broken in...

If you ever need any tips the members will gladly help you out!

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanx for the welcome & the advice, everyone is definately mad cool... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts