B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we are up and running...

I'll take a minute to tell you guys I got my new PICS.
Check out my site you'll find lots of new pics.

My car

Me and Crimson

Here are a few samples :

oh hehe, and this one :

Enjoy
And let me know what you think of my CAI!!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Looks good. I like the CAI. The only thing I would be woried about is the fact that the tubing had ridges in it and it will cause vibrations in the air coming it. I don't know if it does anything or robs hp. I was thinking about making my own and the reason I didn't is b.c if I wanted a 3" pipe I would have had to get it crimp bent and the ripples would screw with the air flow. I give you lots of credit for making your own though. Good job :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dude!! Where you from???? I recognise the bureau engros but don't recognise the cop car...certainly not a MUC cop or Surete...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nismo_Girl_2001
Thanks. Ya, Im worried slightly too about the rippls, but not too much. Some ppl I respect in the field, told me it wasnt that bad, and its not worth having someone mandrel bend pipes just for that.
If you think of it, some Nascars have big air intakes made with hoses similar to big dryer hoses, doesnt seem to bother them much that its not smooth.
Well I can feel the pull and its way better at stop lights, so thats whats important :)

What Im happy about is that it looks good :) 2 of the clamps arent galvanized steel and have started to rust slightly. So I bought to new clamps and will replace them soon, plus I got some paint and will be painting the clamps black probably, and leaving the flexpipe like that, it'll look tight.

DizzyJack, I live in Montreal. I was in Sherbrooke when I took that picture so its the Sherb police.
MAn if your from Montreal, you should hook up with us man.
Ive already met Guy_Geo and Crimson, 2 really cool guys, plus Crimson's GF also has a SEntra SE w/pp.

·
Registered
623 Posts
spicez, that def looks pretty coo... we did the samething b4 when we couldnt afford cai for our hondas, hehe... the ones u see in nascars r not connected directly to their intake but urs is. so during high rpm, the vacuum cause by the intake will be able to colaspe the pipe and the factory plastic pipe after of the mas sensor.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, interesting.

But, Chinoworld...

That pipe is made of steel, its damn solid, I have a VERY hard time seeing it colapse unless there is MAJOR MAJOR vacum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the last pic is the best DAMN COPS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Where did you exactly get the Hood Deflector? I went to a dealer near me and they said they don't carry that item. I really need one for my car.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Checked my dealer today too and the guy told me that they were only availible in Canada. :(

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well several car shops in the area had some that fitted.

But I got the nissan one for the same price. Didint know they didint have them in the US.

That sucks for you guys, sorry!

They are 85$. CND

Thats about 55$ USD

Weird that nissan doesnt sell them in the U.S. I wonder why?

·
Registered
123 Posts
how come in some pics the grille looks darker than in others... is it just the light or was it spray painted!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its the light!

Its kind of rounded, cause when you buy gutter guard it already has a curve to it.

so depending on how the light hits it, it will reflect or not.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looking good, man! I'm really digging the CAI - probably saved a ton of cash on that one! BTW - Whose ride is "Crimson?"

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crimson joined us on the board not too long ago.

His ride is the Charcoal Mist one.
His GF also has a Sentra SE w/PP its a Silver Frost.
With Guy_Geo living around here too (Heatwave), we can take an awesome group pic soon.

Blackout
Charcoal
Silver Frost
Heatwave

All in one pic, it'll be really nice :)

Oh and thanks samo for the thumbs up, and BTW, you can take the pics to update my section on your site :) or if you want I can choose some to send to you, let me know.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd prefer it if you just sent me the ones you like best, that way I'm sure to get the coolest ones. That goes for everyone else too - send me a few pictures of your ride! I want tons of pics on my site!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey SPicez...is that some kind of deflector on your hood?
If that is where did u get it because that is exactly what I need. I have noticed a bunch of chips on my hood from driving on the highway a lot.
Let me know.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks cool man... I'm missing my SE in largo Florida (near Tampa).

Haven't seen a single SE around here....

I'm eager to come back to Montreal and take a group picture, that will be great!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
That hood deflector is the best extra I bought for the car...not a single hood chip since I installed it. It's also pretty well made, very thick high quality plastic.

Splc-where did you get your custom grille???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts