B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Non-fading pre-out is what Kenwood called the sub output. They say non-fading because that output is not affected by the FADER settings on the HU, mean if you put sound only in the front, the sub output still play.

For your Sony 4V pre-out well it might be ok just to weld 4 RCA onto a universal Nissan HU wiring harness and put your pre-out signal instead of the speaker signal (50W) going into the amp. That way you can also disable the built-in amp of the HU and this will make it less heat and play better ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i have a lesser kenwood and love it.....its a 522 or something like that......but I hooked it straight to the stock amp and it works perfectly

·
By Any Means Necessary
150 Posts
My deck PWNS. The KDC-X979 their cream of the crop. I love the thing to death, but I had to take it out of the car for now. Here is pics of when it was in the car.

·
Registered
827 Posts
question.......... is it possible to run the front speakers (AM) off the HU only and the Rear Speakers (AM) off the Factory amp (AF package) only and just have a sub (AM) in the trunk powered by an AM amp? And how would it wired? Thanks for all this information. It's pretty insightful :)

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
havok247 said:
question.......... is it possible to run the front speakers (AM) off the HU only and the Rear Speakers (AM) off the Factory amp (AF package) only and just have a sub (AM) in the trunk powered by an AM amp? And how would it wired? Thanks for all this information. It's pretty insightful :)
Well yes it could be done on paper but I'm pretty sure it will play s h i t... If you read my first post here, I've told that my Alpine speakers were first driven by the OEM amp and it was playing real bad and distors because the amp would not be powerful enough.

Anyway, if you already changed all the speakers and you got a separate amp for your new sub, why you would still use the OEM amp??? Seriously, get rid of the RF amp and drive all your speakers from the HU directly. Pass RCA cable for your sub and 12V from battery if the your amp/sub go over 500W (or reuse 12V from OEM amp if not).

It will play much more better than still having the amp for your aftermarket rear speakers IMO ;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just figured that having the amp in the HU only driving 2 speakers would be more effective than having them trying to distribute power to all 4. And then the factory RF amp could just power the rears so it's not taking up space. I figure 300 or so watts would be enough for 2 rear speakers.

·
Registered
565 Posts
seven6ty said:
Oh, Eclipses can be hard to find, they don't sell them at all audio retail places. I'm not really sure why, but I don't think they license as many sellers. It's really high quality ****, up on par with Alpine (although the dealer I bought from-an authorized Alpine dealer-even recommended it above Alpine), and from what I've seen, they're not quite as expensive. I pait about 460 for a top of the line unit and I love it like no other.

yea, eclipse audio is strict about who sells their product. we have the 2din touch panel navi unit (avn 2454...not a bad unit, i'm just not much of a fan of units like that) from them, but we can only sell it within the county. i'm not sure if we can even sell the other hu's they have...they have high quality equipment, though!

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
IF that JVC HU have at least a 5V pre-out (I strongly suggest 6), then you could go with the same setup as me.

But if you HU only have 2V pre-out, that will make the sub almost quiet and not balanced with the rest of the speakers. If that's the case, I would then still use the OEM amp for all the speakers.

Take time to read the hole thread if you have not done it ;)

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm well I don't think what you assume is right... I've never seen a HU with more than 6V pre-out (high-end Pioneer Premier HU) and like my Kenwood that is 5V pre-out, I can adjust my sub volume offset from -15 to +15 in 2 increment. When bumped at +13/+15, I get a quite balanced volume with the sub and the rest of the speakers so I'm probably near 6V at the max sub volume then.

I'll do some research on your HU...

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Here's the manual online :)
http://books.jvcservice.com/booklist.asp?Model=KD-LH3100

Unfortunatly, your KD-LH3100 HU have only 2V pre-out (as I guess). The KD-LH3150 have 4V but even that would be too low to have a well balanced speakers and sub output.

So, you have 2 solutions.

1. Completly bypass the amp and drive all the speakers and sub from the HU directly. That will required to cut all the wires at the amp and I don't garantee the results because the HU might lack of power.

2. Get an universal Nissan 95+ audio harness and weld 4 RCA connectors on it. Then, instead of feeding the 4 channels with the speakers amplified output of the HU, you send your 2V pre-out into that harness. The amp will received that signal, amplified it and drive the speakers. Because the amp is used to get 6V you might need to bump the volume a bit but at least, this will not double-amping the signal.

You might also try a line-out converter but that will affect sound sound quality. And finally, you might try to just do a regular harness and double-amping the signal. Some peoples find this way simple and enough for their need. It depend how far you what to modify the system suitable for your need.

If there's anything, just ask ;)

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Man thrust me on this, even with the max gain on the HU for the sub output, YOU WILL NOT HEAR IT... 2V is really not enough to feed the amp while driving the speakers off the HU directly.

On my Kenwood deck with 5V pre-out, if I leave the sub output to 0 (scale from -15 to +15), I CAN'T hear it at all... it start to play loud at +11, +13 is just fine and +15 something too much for the rest. So I guess my deck is slightly increasing the voltage to reach something near 6V so I can hear it. But no way your JVC will push the 2V up to 6V... maybe with the 4V pre-out, maybe.

I've send you a PM also ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
preamp signal amplifier/booster?

what about a preamp signal booster?

i have the exact problem you are talking about. my sub is too quiet. i have to have the volume on the HU up super high to hear it hitting at all.

my JVC Arsenal AR5000 has a 5v sub preamp out but only a 0 to +8 adjustment on the deck. i have the stock amp bypassed for the 4 speakers (driven off the HU). the stock sub is driven off the stock amp.

i was thinking of putting one of these PAC Signal Amplifier (PAC TURBO1)'s in-line with the RCA out from the HU before it gets to the stock amp.

if all that makes senese...has anybody ever tried this method? or think it will work?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts