B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
after charles' record
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the rest of my brake stuff in...gonna install this weekend. one question though, has anyone ever heard of these ctek pads? i ordered axxis all the way around and paid for it and then this is what i got axxis xbr for the front and ctek for the rear. i called up the company and am waiting for them to call me back. i'm kind of pissed cause it took me like a month to get the stuff in the first place. i was just cureous because if the ctek pads are just as good i'll use them, but i'd rather have axxis pads all the way around. now they tell me axxis doesn't make pads for the 04' spec. aren't the 03 and 04 brakes the same though?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
nice setup. Dont know about the Ctex joints. Where did you buy all this stuff from and what did the pricing work out to be?

·
after charles' record
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bobby Digital said:
nice setup. Dont know about the Ctex joints. Where did you buy all this stuff from and what did the pricing work out to be?

i got the pads and rotors from irotors.com. the pads were $80 for all four corners, and all four rotors were $210. the brake lines i got from performancenissanparts.com for $160, and once i had them in my hands i was glad i paid the extra $40 over the goodridge lines. these are high end lines. hope that helps

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
jeezus.. i thought brembo rotors would be more than that, makes me wish mine were wasted to replace 'em. if anyone can explain how the brake lines give much benefit to be worth $160 i'd appreciate it. also, isn't all this kinda overkill without upgraded calipers? or is it mostly cosmetic.. or do you run a lot of auto-x?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
yeah i have the same question about those lines...are they really necessary? I was thinking of getting that same setup with the Wilwood calipers.

·
You guys are dangerous
837 Posts
The lines are one of the best "feel" mods you can do. The pedal is much more responsive.

I'd say, after the MM inserts, lines were the best mod.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
so you have the goodridge lines, whats the $40 diff btwn his and yours? :)

·
after charles' record
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bobby Digital said:
yeah i have the same question about those lines...are they really necessary? I was thinking of getting that same setup with the Wilwood calipers.
well....for one, i couldn't see myself doing the pads and rotors without the lines.....i'm just kind of like that...all or nothing, and i didn't have enough to go with the stoptech big brake kit....so i did the next best thing. and two, there are future plans for this car, i'd like to be able to stop when i get there! :D

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Please do , and stay away from the rice . ;)

hey can you tell me where you bought them??

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
I'v got the Crown SS brake lines and clutch line. Was the best mod, even without upgrading the brakes (yet, they're coming soon)

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Did you order by phone? B/C irotors does not list any parts for sentras above 2001 or SE-R.

·
after charles' record
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spec-v-guy said:
I'v got the Crown SS brake lines and clutch line. Was the best mod, even without upgrading the brakes (yet, they're coming soon)

where did you get them from...i've been loking everywhere for a clutch line and can't find anything!

·
Registered
935 Posts
robbie... Make sure you install the rotors in the right direction, I installed by Brembos in the opposite direction and they cracked. They should cut INTO the caliper, not slice against it.

Sorry for the bad pic, but you can see the slots at the bottom of the rotor.

·
Registered
935 Posts
robbie2883 said:
where did you get them from...i've been loking everywhere for a clutch line and can't find anything!
I also bought the complete Crown brake/clutch line package... It was from Greg back when he was at Mossy Nissan, not sure if the kit is still available... I know Greg is still helping Spec owners out, but cannot remember which dealership he's at now.

·
Aiya!
560 Posts
Not to be a wet blanket, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that those are simply Brembo oem blanks that some third party slotted and drilled. AFAIK, Brembo replacement rotors come drilled or slotted. Not both. Those lack the zinc plating that factory slotted or drilled Brembos have. The price of $210 for all four rotors is incredibly low. Factory slotted or drilled Brembo rotors would run one $330 total at Tirerack. The price of $210 for all four is vastly lower than Tirerack's wholesale price (I don't remember specifically what it was, but it sure as hell isn't that low).

IMO, Brembo's slotted rotors are a slightly different material than the oem replacement rotors, as I have slotted fronts and plain rears, and the rears rust up considerably faster.

Basically, I'd recommend against any motorsports usage (or aggressive mountain/canyon driving) with these rotors. Even the Brembos that come out of the factory drilled carry a warning against usage on track or with race compound pads.

·
after charles' record
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TheBenior said:
Not to be a wet blanket, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that those are simply Brembo oem blanks that some third party slotted and drilled. AFAIK, Brembo replacement rotors come drilled or slotted. Not both. Those lack the zinc plating that factory slotted or drilled Brembos have. The price of $210 for all four rotors is incredibly low. Factory slotted or drilled Brembo rotors would run one $330 total at Tirerack. The price of $210 for all four is vastly lower than Tirerack's wholesale price (I don't remember specifically what it was, but it sure as hell isn't that low).

IMO, Brembo's slotted rotors are a slightly different material than the oem replacement rotors, as I have slotted fronts and plain rears, and the rears rust up considerably faster.

Basically, I'd recommend against any motorsports usage (or aggressive mountain/canyon driving) with these rotors. Even the Brembos that come out of the factory drilled carry a warning against usage on track or with race compound pads.

yeah...i figured as much when i bought them but i figured what the hell. i can't talk my wife into spending the 2 grand on the kit i want so these will do till i can convince her. and they are coated, just don't know if it's zinc or not. the company says they are.

·
Aiya!
560 Posts
Ah, fair enough.

The coating's actually pointless (other than keeping your wheel from rusting to your rotor hat so no kickin the tire to loosen the wheel). I merely mentioned it since Brembo uses a distinctive gold colored plating.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts