B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK PRICE DROP ... if we can get 10 buyers lined up for this, then it will be $85 shipped and it will include the longer bolts needed for mounting!!!

Guys, a friend of mine is making these at his shop. They are made of 1" thick steel so they are not very heavy at all. They are on sale right now for $100 shipped. If you have the RF package in your sentra, the bar will be made to accomodate that for you. If you dont, then these are ready and waiting for ya.

Silver Primer:

Painted black with another coat still remaining to be put on:

·
I See Everything Now.
571 Posts
so how will this help in handling? will the bar that will clear the rf package also be the same price. Will it improve handling as much as a rsb?

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will help stiffen up the rear chassis a bit. Id say a rsb does alot more but costs twice as much. The bar to clear the RF package will be the same price. international shipping is not an issue but it will be extra. PM me when time comes with your address.

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK PRICE DROP ... if we can get 10 buyers lined up for this, then it will be $85 shipped and it will include the longer bolts needed for mounting!!!

·
Classifieds Wh0r3!
628 Posts
hmm i'm interested...do you have any pics of it installed? =P basically like the tarmaq bars...

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok guys well unfortunately no powdercoating option available but u can get wm in different colors.

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK guys specless has received some time off and has all the necessary materials to start producing these. The order that payments are received is the order that you will receive your bar. I will update the list in the correct order once you have paid. Please specify what color bar you want as black is the default color as of right now.

To Canada peeps: the 1st canadian shipping addressee that would like this, your total will be $95 shipped. IF it costs more than $10 to ship then you are in luck and it will give us a basis of what to charge other canadian folks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got my bar in on Thursday and was very happy with the quality of the product, the welds are very strong and the bar itself is extremely sturdy. I have talked to specless a few times on AIM and he seems to know what he is doing with these bars.

I attempted to install the bar the first time on Thurday evening after I got off work, I had no directions but he had told me one night how to install it.

There are 4 bolts in the trunk, very easy and will post pics later. On thursday, when trying to install it, I had forgotten what he how he said to install it. I thought, 4 bolts, 4 holes......easy enough
NO!!!
I called Specless, and he told me how to install it. Still very simple but here goes.

To install the 4pt. trunk bar here is what you need

A power drill and a bit (3/4")
Trunk Bar
Bolts and Nuts (inlcuded)
Wratchet Set

1.Remove carpet where the bolts are located, and take out stock bolts.
2.Using your wratchet set (I cannot remember what size) remove the stock bolts (there are no nuts on the back side of these).
3.With power drill, drill out the 4 holes where the stock bolts were. Doing this will allow the bolts that specless includes to easily mount.
4.Get the 4pt. bar and mount it in place, put bolts thru the holes into the new drilled out holes and put the nuts on the other side, its that easy.
5.Drive, feel the diff.

Review:

This is my first bar (I have a rsb and 4pt. ltb waiting to go on) and the cars response is incredible. The rear end is alot more stiff now.

EX: On the way to work there is a curve which I could do at about 45 safely with the tires screaming. Now, with the bar installed, I can hit that same curve at about 53 with very little tires noise.

Cliffs: For 85 bucks shipped, you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
hey

hey if i can get it for the $85 im all in my man but let me kno if we can get em for that.

·
Registered
267 Posts

This is where the bottom bolt comes out, as you can see, the nut specless provided is shown.

This is where the upper bolt comes out, very easy to acces, just pull the carpet down a little and put the wrench back there.

The bar Clears the RF Sub

·
Classifieds Wh0r3!
628 Posts
awwwwwwwww man i really want one...have you felt a big difference in handling...

also is this going to be the running rate all the time? i'd probably be interested in gettin one sometime next month...

-mark

1 - 20 of 95 Posts