B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am just wondering what are your thoughts about the neon underbody kits. The ones that light up the road around your car. I have seen a couple cars with them and I don't know if I should think, Tacky and Ricey, or cool and I want one lol. What are your opinions?

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is here and will be going on soon and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've only seen 2 cars with those lights and they seemed pretty cool, but they were both honda's and so it might be more of a ricer thing, not to sure bout that.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE, P/P, 5spd, Inferno with HyperWhite headlights and fogs.

PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I was the one thinking about tinting my windows yellow, and painting the lettering on the badges yellow, so take this for what it is...

NEON on cars = MEGA RICE BURNER

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE w/pp 5spd, no mods yet. Ghetto Grill on its way.
SpIcEz.com

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I had a mitsubishi P/U that I lowered 4 inches and I had a body kit on it and I had the the neon tubes underneath,,,,,and I must say that it looked really well and all but I had alot of problems with them,,,from them not turning on to the glass bulbs shattering....They are cool looking but I'd have to say stay away from them......Just my .02 cents :)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seen those a lot on older American cars... Like 1985-1989 Mustangs, camaros, Monte Carlos. And the drivers were guys in there mid to late 20's with long hair and Guns And Roses t-shirts. I did see a Black Solara with blue ones and it looked hott. The whole inside of the car had black lights and blue stobes in the headlights.

------------------
2001 Se PP
1998 Ford F-150 Lighting(For a Little While)
1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX
1998 Yahmaha GP 1200

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have them now that are made out of a Lexon tube,which is a pretty strong plastic. They are supposed to be unbrakeable. I have heard of of the glass ones braking and being a fire hazard. I usually see them on stuff like Cavi's, and domesitics. No imports so far. The reason I was considering it is b.c I loved the way the blue blubs looked with the black of of my car. It looked really sweet. I would love to get a dark blue kit. I was just wondering what other people thought. They run at $159.00 for the full underbody kit. I already have neon blue lights on the inside of my car (yeah its ricey lol) but they only come on when the doors open or I unlock them with the remote. You don't have to have them on all the time, just when you want, and that would be mostly at night. But I think I would rather work on performance stuff now and do cosmetics later.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on and CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
747 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LKG:
Are they illegal? I am sure they attract lots of attention including the cops.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are illegal. I believe the exact law in which they violate is that they can cause people to mistake your car for an emergency vehicle.

I had two pairs on already that broke within two weeks each!!!!! They are not worth it.
First pair- water damage
Second pair - Sealed the bulds with liquid nail but the vibration and bouncing of my car broke the bulbs!!! The third (they kept exchanging) I kept for like two days and returned them (this time unopened so I would get my loot back instead of an exchange! :))

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like said ,I was just wondering what other people thought. I would much rather spend the money on something that will help my car, not just make it look better for a short amount of time.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on and CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
and what is wrong with guns and roses??

Doc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MJ (aka) MJ2001SE:
I seen those a lot on older American cars... Like 1985-1989 Mustangs, camaros, Monte Carlos. And the drivers were guys in there mid to late 20's with long hair and Guns And Roses t-shirts. I did see a Black Solara with blue ones and it looked hott. The whole inside of the car had black lights and blue stobes in the headlights.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo_Girl_2001:
Like said ,I was just wondering what other people thought. I would much rather spend the money on something that will help my car, not just make it look better for a short amount of time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't do it. I've seen more interior neon or black lighting that looks so much better, and it also doesn't bring attention to you when you're driving along. I know they hassle you in Cali for it, not sure about VA.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
75 Posts
NISMO GIRL, POST SOME NEW PICS ON YOUR WEBSITE... ESPEICALLY WITH THE NWE ENGINE PAINT AND THE NEON LIGHTS!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok just for you I will. I don't have any pics of the neon interior stuff yet, but I will take some to finish off the roll with the Stromung on it. Probably next week sometime.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've seen quite a few diff colors under the cars...I wouldn't want it on mine but um, uh, I thought they looked cool hehe :D OK maybe ricey but it was diff...

·
Registered
816 Posts
The reason the Neon lights are illegal is cuz the gas inside the tubes is flammable. Even if the tubes don't crack under normal use, what happens if you're in an accident and the tube breaks and it catches on fire...only a matter of seconds to minutes before it hits your gas tank and then KABLOOOEY!!!

Honestly, I think when they're on the road, it looks really corny...like the person is trying too hard. But at shows, neons and strobes are a must to attract attention. If you're trying to hook up your car to be in Car shows, then do it. If you just want it for cruising around, don't. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hehe...i think these neon lights are the ****..thats only because i saw them on a hurse this one day when i was on vacation..it was night time..and all you see is this black hurse with its neon lights on sitting there..awesome!!..hehe..i hope i'm spelling "hurse" right..its those cars that carry coffins to funerals..yup yup..but i think it would look nice on a dropped B15..

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well what I did just for fun was to take the 3 lights from the inside of my car and put them underneath just to see what they would look like. I made custom caseings for them so that they would be protected pretty well. The lights I have are that purple color and they look really awesome on the car. I will take pics tonight or tmw night and post them soon. I don't think I'm gonna leave these on my car but for a few days they are cool .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welll hmmmm....neon is cool as a whole, not quite as cool as blacklights :) I usually see neon on lowriders here or on pimped out navigators. I've also heard of ppl having problems with them breakin but if there are new "unbreakable" ones then I guess they should be ok. Certain colors look better and make the car look like its floating.

Might check laws about colors. Back up north my friend had, a neon license plate and neon antenna removed because I guess the cop said the colors where illegal to use. That flexible stuff is really cool too cuz u can bend it around corners, inside wheeel wells, or just swing it around and pretend your at a rave...

I've never ever never ever seen neon on a sentra be4 so it'd be new to me.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I saw a car import the other night with them on and it was a black car with red lights and it looked pretty cool,,,,Hey my colors:D

But up north here the neon plates are highly illegal the cops will pull you over for it.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts