B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the OPTX led neon underbody kit and am having a little trouble getting the thing to work. i have the 12v battery wire ran to the battery, and the 12v ignition wire hooked to an ign fuse and its ground great. the neons worked for about 3 hours then they go into a safe mode or something in which the neons blink non stop and you can't turn them off with out just dissconnecting it. wondering if the ignition source is the problem if it is where can i find a good one. your help and advice would be appreciated. thanx

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
that's bad. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use a fusible link when tapping off a power source of any kind!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
huh? it was working fine then it just stops and just flashes i think its the 12v igntion wire but which ever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know little about wiring and was trying to save the extra 100 bucks for installion. i talked to the guy that would have installed it and he said he doesn't know why its not working thats the way hes always done it and its always worked no problems. but anyways how would i go about putting a fuse to it.

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
Go to your local automotive store or radio shack and purchase one of these along with one of these and hook up between the battery and the wire going to the neons. Make sure to purchase the applicable size fuse for your setup, I dont know how many amps your neons run at.

·
Registered
8 Posts
do yourself a favor and just dont do the neons, that is for ricers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
You might also want to fuse the ign wire. But I am paranoid when it comes to wirering.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright i'll give that a shot and see what happens. i like these neons cause they can change to what ever color i want and they have like 15 different falsh modes and they are BRIGHT. anyways i'd mostly keep them just on and the color white. thanks so much for the help i'll post with the results and if i can may be pics.

·
Banned
5,364 Posts
sentrashock said:
alright i'll give that a shot and see what happens. i like these neons cause they can change to what ever color i want and they have like 15 different falsh modes and they are BRIGHT. anyways i'd mostly keep them just on and the color white. thanks so much for the help i'll post with the results and if i can may be pics.
Neon gas cannot change color. You have a 7 color LED kit.

I have never dealt with Optix so I really do not know how many wires come in and out of what.
But im gonna tell you how i think it is and you tell me where i am right or wrong.

The neon tubes have wires that are connected to a CPU module. I hope you mounted this module INSIDE your car because if you get water on it, it will act wacky, let alone get fockayed until it dries up.

This CPU module should have a 12v wire, a negative wire, and a wire that goes to a Controller(or a switching module type of thing??)

Let me know if this is right or close, or if im wrong.

also, does it have a remote control? not that it mattersbut let me know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts