B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my car back within the next 2 days, what I want to know is there anything that I can do to make sure that the job is perfect? My dad told me to stick my thumbnail into the newly painted area in an inconspicuous area and if it leaves and impression then they haven't baked it or dried it right. Any other tips? I just want to make sure it is right!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package-Place Racing CAI- Stromung Full Cat-back- Custom Grille-Pioneer DEHP 7300 + 4x TS-1675's-
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
222 Posts
The only thing I can advise is to get the car into direct sunlight and stand back about 10 feet, so you can compare original body panels with repainted ones. When my Mom wrecked her truck awhile back, she looked at the paint inside the body shop. Under flourescent lighting it looked like a good job, but once we got the truck under direct sunlight a couple days later we realized that the paint didn't match at all. Be ready to scrutinize every detail!

------------------
2001 SE 5-spd. w/PP Granite

Minor cosmetic mods....
HID-look headlamps & hyperwhite fogs. Autozone rubber antenna, blue aluminum valve stem caps. (not much...but it's a start!)
Lots of mods planned...waiting for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Definitely check throughly inside and out that everything is good. If there's a small pebble where they painted over, it's guaranteed that it will chip away and show metal. Trust me, I had that happen with all three parts that were replaced..hood, fender, and bumper. I'm going to head there something to have them touch it up, hopefully for free. Before you get in my situation, be very picky, it's your money!

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts