B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still a newbie despite my talkative nature...

This may sound really stupid but what's SCC again??
It seems informative whatever it is... ohh sport compact car ??? the magazine? AHH.... gotcha...

And whats the other lingo out there... like Hotshot vs PR...

What's the best CAI out there just make it simple for me...
and what headers ARE available... and I already figured the Stromung is the best exhaust from ur inputs... and where do I get all these things??? Man, I gotta get "in with it" if i wanna "roll with it".......... yeah...........

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Hotshot is a Manufacture who makes Cold Air Intakes, So is Place Racing. The Stomung can be purchased by Stillen.... Check out www.stillen.com

You will find you questions answered on this site. Enjoy your Ride!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey Alex, sorry about all the acronyms, we're so all used to that around here.

A few of your concerns:

SCC= Sport Compact Car, a pretty good mag to get into.

PR=Place Racing, a company that primarily makes motor mounts, but have cold air intakes for our cars. Currently making B15 specific motor mounts for 5spd's.

CAI=Cold Air Intake, which pretty much include Place Racing, and another company Hotshot. Both make CAI's for our cars with pretty much the same results. I lean towards PR...heh...Hard to say which CAI is the best for you unless you can do a little research. There's going to be opinion's everywhere.

Stromung=Bolt on cat back exhaust for B15's. They make exhaust's for Scoobies.

Scoobies=Impreza's, Subaru type cars that pretty much kick ***, IMO.

IMO=In my opinion.

Headers=Exhaust gases need a way to leave the engine, and that's through the exhaust manifold, in other words, headers. I believe quite a few manufacturers make headers for our cars, but none B15 specific yet. All B15 specific entails is that the application is bolt on. You can make other things fit custom.

Okay, I hope that's a few that can get you started. Let us know what else you want to know about, alright? :) I would suggest you also do research atThe Sentra Network, and also at this website for more frequently asked questions. Good luck man!

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks guys, that was great help!

I feel a lil more clued in now, heh

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Alex said:
Hey thanks guys, that was great help!

I feel a lil more clued in now, heh