B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seaching the forums and I found that a lot of people have the JIC coilover suspension and no one has the TEIN SS ....i just want to know which one is perferably better because i was planning on purchasing the TEIN's but if the JIC is better I'd rather save the money ....let me know what you think thanks

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
JIC FLT-A2s own the Teins any day. JIC is known throughout the nissan community to be far better than Teins. Ask any major suspension guru ;)

problem is they're a bit more expensive.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
chimmike said:
JIC FLT-A2s own the Teins any day. JIC is known throughout the nissan community to be far better than Teins. Ask any major suspension guru ;)

problem is they're a bit more expensive.

they also cost $600 more just for upper pillow ball mounts. The perfomance of both units is very close.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
SpecVizzle said:
I have been seaching the forums and I found that a lot of people have the JIC coilover suspension and no one has the TEIN SS ....i just want to know which one is perferably better because i was planning on purchasing the TEIN's but if the JIC is better I'd rather save the money ....let me know what you think thanks
i wouldn't say no one has them, theres quite a few people that have them, and the teins are AWESOME, guess i would have to ride in a FLT-A2 equiped car to feel the diference, but i just couldn't imagine it gettin any better

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
cortrim1 said:
they also cost $600 more just for upper pillow ball mounts. The perfomance of both units is very close.
you get more than that with the JICs:

1. camber plate for those wanting them (i know, you gotta cut the hole bigger, but they can be useful seeing as no one else makes them)

2. adjustable height with no affect on suspension travel

3. just mounts in general, the SS do not come with front or rear top mounts, you have to use stock ones. on the rear, this isn't all that great.

4. custom spring rates at no extra cost (correct me if i'm wrong)

5. purty colored hardware :D

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
OkToBeR said:
you get more than that with the JICs:

1. camber plate for those wanting them (i know, you gotta cut the hole bigger, but they can be useful seeing as no one else makes them)

2. adjustable height with no affect on suspension travel

3. just mounts in general, the SS do not come with front or rear top mounts, you have to use stock ones. on the rear, this isn't all that great.

4. custom spring rates at no extra cost (correct me if i'm wrong)

5. purty colored hardware :D

different spring rates cost extra

the camber adjustment is only +/- 1* which could be had for a lot less(free with a drill).

tein makes upper mounts that will work for the b15. they just don't sell them with the kit for some reason.(rnn-14 application). you could also get moti upper rear mounts and b13 front mounts and come out way cheaper than the jics even with different spring rates.

you are still paying at least $600 more for full length adjustability. If you were to test both setups side by side I bet you would not find $600 worth of difference.

my only point is that the jic's are very exspensive and at that price point you are very close to the cost of a real custom setup. imo jic is about $300 over what the retail price should be.

·
From here to there
762 Posts
I'm surprised no one has recommended to ask the "Teins Baby" girl: Shanno575, I bet she has some input about this...

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
I think both Tein SS and JIC-FLTA2 are solid products and you CANNOT go wrong with either. You definitely get what you pay for.

Tein SS
Spring Rates: 336F/280R (linear, cortrim1 uses 392R)
Swappable Springs: YES
Ride Height Adjust: YES
Damping Adjustment: YES (16 way, 32 with EDFC)
Upper Mounts Incl?: NO
Install Difficulty: MEDIUM (reuse upper mounts)
Best Street Price: ~$1100

JIC FLT-A2
Spring Rates: 392F/280R (linear, several use 336R)
Swappable Springs: YES
Ride Height Adjust: YES (shorten/lengthen damper i.e. no spring perch height change)
Damping Adjustment: YES (15 way)
Upper Mounts Incl?: YES (pillowball w/ camber adjustment )
Install Difficulty: LOW (but getting proper settings is difficult)
Best Street Price: ~$1700

That being said, I think both are expensive, the Teins are $1100 and JIC like $1700 depending on who you ask. That's a whole lot of cash to be dropping on suspension, even if they are high end coilovers. This is a Sentra board, not IS300 or G35, and while some of you may be making the big bucks, the average b15 buyer will find these products out of reach. I went with koni/prokit for less than $700, doesn't offer as much as the coilover systems and is a PITA to install...yet the money left over went to other mods I needed.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
im not makin the big bucks, and i bought em, i only make 14$ canadian/hour. and thats part time!!

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
RaPtOr2003 said:
im not makin the big bucks, and i bought em, i only make 14$ canadian/hour. and thats part time!!
And your mod list is pretty impressive, and if you are happy with your purchases, more props to you.

I was shoveling snow back in February (rare in CLT, we got 15 inches), and in my delirious state, I looked at my house and two cars in the garage. Then I saw $ signs, the ones for the house were going UP and the ones for the cars were going DOWN.

Anything you put in your car will depreciate in value. You add mods, and if you use them, enjoy them and keep them, you got your money's worth. In the end though, you are still LOSING money. What if you took all the money you spent on mods and put it in a savings account? How much would you have?

Again, if you Enjoy the Ride, have the funds, more power to you, mod the car. Just don't expect to get any $$$ back later ;)

·
M07S
2,422 Posts
cortrim1 said:
different spring rates cost extra
NOT UPON INTIAL PURCHASE. Different spring rates are available when you buy them. They are in 1kg/mm increments, and the standard is 7kg/mm (392 lbs/in) front, 5kg/mm (280lbs/in) rear. lots of people opt for 6 (336) in the rear, and the b15 chassis is more balanced with even spring rates or higher in the rear.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Dangling Fury said:
And your mod list is pretty impressive, and if you are happy with your purchases, more props to you.

I was shoveling snow back in February (rare in CLT, we got 15 inches), and in my delirious state, I looked at my house and two cars in the garage. Then I saw $ signs, the ones for the house were going UP and the ones for the cars were going DOWN.

Anything you put in your car will depreciate in value. You add mods, and if you use them, enjoy them and keep them, you got your money's worth. In the end though, you are still LOSING money. What if you took all the money you spent on mods and put it in a savings account? How much would you have?

Again, if you Enjoy the Ride, have the funds, more power to you, mod the car. Just don't expect to get any $$$ back later ;)
your right man, you dont buy expecting to make money or even break even again, its all about havin fun with what you buy, its kind of like a computer, you buy one for like $2000 now, and 4 years down the road you cant even get $100 at a garage sale lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
JoelAZ said:
the b15 chassis is more balanced with even spring rates or higher in the rear.
I second that comment

1 - 14 of 14 Posts