B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SES light came on tonight for the first time since i've had my car. I have I/E and haven't added any mods to my car for at least a couple months... the car sounds the same and seems to drive the same, how do I figure out why the SES light is on and what needs to be fixed? Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay so i just noticed the sticky at the top of this tech forum... and i guess i need to go through the procedure and see which code my ECU is throwing and go from there... right?

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
yup, tell us what you get. the timing has to be perfect.

tip : use the beeps as a metronome when you put the key into start position. they're exactly one second apart.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, here's what I got... what does that mean?!

H02S1 HTR (B1).......................................0031

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i took a picture for you of what it says in the FSM about the code...this is all the information you can get about that code.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! So basically it looks like it has something to do with one of my o2 sensors... I wonder why it said something about the crank shaft position at the top though... i had a recall done about that a while back. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or experiences with this and how to fix it? Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
perhaps there can be a malfunction of the cam shaft position sensor that could cause the O2 sensor to also malfunction. Not sure. It could be the sensor again though man...I have had mine replaced 3 times.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang, thanks for the info I made an appointment to take her into the nissan dealership on wednesday and since im still under warranty they said they would check it out for no charge. I'm hoping its a free fix too.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
since your under warranty and the cam sensor is recalled....you should be out with no charge. Let us know what they say.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the car is at nissan right now... been there most of the day... the service guy told me that since it is under warranty that they will just find the problem and fix it for me. no trouble at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts