B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I have an 02 Spec V with p1121 and P2135. It was gifted to me about a month ago, it is my first project car. It was in limp mode because of the codes. Since receiving it, I have replaced the throttle body, and did the relearn. Still getting the codes so the SES is still on :(. However, it is no longer in limp mode (as far as I can tell lmao), I have only driven it a handful of times. I have read that the connecter pins are none to be faulty, which can be solved with some soldering. Is there any symptoms of faulty connecter pins or should I just take it into a shop?

Some background info, I am now the second owner, it has 102k on the chassis and less than 7k on its 3rd (wince) engine. It has sat intermittently for the past 2ish years. I am good friends with the current owner and he was honest about the condition, drivers side cv axle will also need to be replaced and it has a poor quality aftermarket clutch bearing.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated:) !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
So looks like you got a good one. Search for the repair manual on the Nico forums and check the specific definitions for each fault. Without looking deep into anything, since you already have new TB, you may have to check voltages at the ecu. Or maybe even the pedal sensor in the car maybe bad. Make sure u dont prick the harness. Get a long needle or something and probe back of the connector. Or maybe get a scan tool and read throttle and pedal,voltages and wiggle the connector. May youll get lucky and see something jump. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
So looks like you got a good one. Search for the repair manual on the Nico forums and check the specific definitions for each fault. Without looking deep into anything, since you already have new TB, you may have to check voltages at the ecu. Or maybe even the pedal sensor in the car maybe bad. Make sure u dont prick the harness. Get a long needle or something and probe back of the connector. Or maybe get a scan tool and read throttle and pedal,voltages and wiggle the connector. May youll get lucky and see something jump. Good luck.
Hmmmm got it. I’ll look into a scan tool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts