B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i loaded up my car to make a run thru downtown to my friends house and as soon as i got 4 other people in my car, my new tires started to rub when i went over any little bump.....now i know they are a little large (225/45/17), but they are fine when i dont have my car loaded down and have crazy good grip....i was wondering what can i do to modify my rear fender so this doesnt happen again? i am also getting the nismo suspesion soon, would this help at all either?

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
ARe you getting rubbing on the fender that is rubbing the outside of the tire? If that is the case feel the inside of the fender, you will find a lip sticking out. That is where things rub in most cases. You would want to roll that inward if you want to fix the problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What size weels are you running & with what offset?

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
My guess is claw is running on stock suspension with stock rims. The Nismo suspension drops you 1" in the front and 0.6" in the rear, so your problem will only get worse.

I would take david's advice and roll the fender. This is not a quick and easy job if you want to do it right. First take a razor blade or exacto knife and make a line at the very edge of the fender, so that when you bend the inside lip upward you can avoid paint chipping. Start with a rubber mallet, although that will take a very long time, using a metal hammer is quicker but you run the risk of some cosmetic flaws if you pound too hard.

This is not a big problem for you, consider that it only happens with 4 people in the car. For example, those lowered an inch or so (like prokit or tanabe) and run 205/55R16 on aftermarket 16x7 rims with less than a 45mm offset will rub for sure, that has been documented here. Also, tires with 225mm width or wider, along with an overall tire diameter over 25", and any drop more than an inch, virtually guarantees your rubbing on the rear fenders.

Oh, forgot to mention, this is why I don't run any tires larger than 24" in diameter because I am dropped on prokits and don't want any rubbing. My daily is 205/55R15 ContiExtremeContacts at 23.9" and my autox is Falken Azenis 215/45R16 at 23.5". Now the offset of my 15" and 16" Konig rims (around 40mm) doesn't matter because there is enough wheel gap to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
he's on 17'' 17x7 motegi's with... I think it's +42 offset, and then eibach pro kit springs, stock dampers.

claw, stop loading your car full.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
se-rNick said:
he's on 17'' 17x7 motegi's with... I think it's +42 offset, and then eibach pro kit springs, stock dampers.

claw, stop loading your car full.

nicks rite.....i should just not load the car up since i got so much weight in the trunk already....my friend was telling my i needed these plastic insert things in the rear that dont let the springs compress all the way...anyone heard of that?

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
I'm running 225/45/17 with only 40 offset and at least 2" of drop and no rubbing AFTER having the rear fenders rolled. Cost me $100CAD cash at the body shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts