B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup!

Does anyone know where I could get boots (any kind, rubber or plastic) for my battery poles? I don't know what brand they are, but you can check them out on my website, www.membres.lycos.fr/orangevee under the sound system pictures...

Also, where can I find boots for my capacitator poles? It's a Tsunami Power Thumper 1-Farad capacitator...

The shop I deal with doesn't seem to find any...

Finaly, as you might know, I run one JL Audio 300/4 and one 500/1, and wanted to know what wafer fuse I should use? I have a 80A in right now, but the judges at IASCA said I needed at least 120A or more, because the 2 amps must be drawing at least 100A, so I'm underpowering them. But the question I'm asking myself, is that wouldn't the fuse already have blown if they were demanding more than 80A???

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
wow, iasca judges are that fvcking stupid? perhaps a slightly higher fuse would be better, but you are correct in your thinking. the amps would NOT be underpowered as they would demand the same amount of power dependant on gain/volume/current draw/etc through a 100A fuse, a 400A fuse, and your 80A fuse. Only difference would be that your 80W fuse would blow if you were running more juice threw it than it could handle. Therefore, the fact that it hasn't blown shows that a larger fuse is not necessary.

·
Registered
631 Posts
you'll prob have to get the battery pole boots from a dealer...to be honest, ive never seen them in a store.
yea, devlyn is right...the iasca judge sounds like a retard. thats what you get from an organization that lets you be a judge if you sit at a seminar and own 2 CDs (SPL / SQ)

an idea tho, you may be able to get the battery covers from a stealership. you might have to look around, and find a set of smaller pole caps for the cap's....or just eliminate the cap, if you have things set up properly, you shouldnt need it anyways.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
sadly, i think the caps earn points too. this is why i have no respect for these competitions... the sq competition and all around are complete bull*****. these same people judge the SQ comps? no wonder the results are full of garbage.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No the caps do not earn points. In the rookie class, the only things that count in the installation section are security and integrity (proper termination, proper isolation of wires, etc) they don't give a **** if your install looks flashy and has neons and all that crap.

To me, a sound quality competition should be based on SQ alone! Not if your wires are loomed up to the end and if your power wire isn't more than 18 inches from battery to fuse holder and all that crap... MECA is a world federation that only judges SQ, regardless of install. Unfortunately, there are no MECA competitions in Canada. That's why my first place for the sound quality portion is what's realy important to me. It beat the others hands down for SQ, regardless if they had tie-wraps at every 6 inches on their wires... LOL

I ordered Lightning Audio battery poles, they come with plastic see-through boots. The poles come either gold or titanium. I'll se which look best. For the caps, I just put electric tape around the poles (they're so small anyways) but cleanly done. Everything should be up to speck after this weekend. Next summer, I'll take overall as well!

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Heh, exactly my thoughts on comps. I did a few, did ok, but felt it was all a joke. He who has the most friends and $$$ wins.........

You should go to a USAC sometime if you likes IASCA :D

Anyways, what type of terminals are those? Check their site. I have a Stinger setup and have the covers.

Cap. post covers. Go to you local ricer store and look for colored vaccuum line caps.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so I've just completed putting my install to IASCA standards (damned judges!). It cost me a fortune for little things that get you lots of points. Anyhow. I completely changed battery terminal for some Lightning Audio platinum posts with plastic covers. They look awesome. I upgraded my ground wiring to 4 gauge to match my 4 gauge power wire kit. I also upgraded the wiring to the fuse box. We put tie-wraps everwhere to fasten the wiring properly. I also got a Lightning Audio wafer fuse setup good for 100A. We lumed all wires properly and finished up everything nicely. If they still think it's not up to IASCA standars, f*ck them! ;)

I'll post pics of the upgrades soon.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Sweet. Do you have a rule book? It's been like 5 years since I've been to one and I'm not on the up and up, but they used to give points for stuff like a first aid kit, fire ext., and stuff like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts