B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I have a gigantic lug nut prublem... last night I Was driving around and got a flat tire on my rear drivers side... the problem is that each wheel has 1 special lug nut that needs a key to open and put the lug nut back in... last night I went crazy looking for the key but can't find it... the key looks like a starfish shaped engravement and same as for the lug nut(s) itself... does anyone know if this key could be universal? I was thinking of buyin another set and using the key form that and going to try to take the lug nuts off... I could use the help right now... thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
They are probably the standard Nissan locking lugs. Go to your dealer and check with the parts department and see if you can just buy the key, or you might have to buy a new set, which is around $20 I think.

If that doesn't work you might be able to have them or a wheel shop get it off with a socket they use to get stripped lugs off. I had to use that once when I had a broken lock. I did have to replace the stud though because it was ruined.

Maybe someone in your area has a set of the locking lugs and you could use their's to get them off?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Axcelerate said:
They are probably the standard Nissan locking lugs. Go to your dealer and check with the parts department and see if you can just buy the key, or you might have to buy a new set, which is around $20 I think.

If that doesn't work you might be able to have them or a wheel shop get it off with a socket they use to get stripped lugs off. I had to use that once when I had a broken lock. I did have to replace the stud though because it was ruined.

Maybe someone in your area has a set of the locking lugs and you could use their's to get them off?
Yea i'm trying on that one... what worries me if these the "key" is universal or its only made for that specific set (the set on my car)... "Yea I bought these at a local auto parts store for like $20 bucks... came with 4 lugs and 1 key...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts