B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have lots of ppl who want to race me now by some freakish fluke of nature.

Anyways, Im new to all of this, so Id like as many good tips as possible from any or all of you.

Thanks in Advance guys.

I need things like driving technics, more than anything else.
Cause I know I probably have horrible technics.

·
Registered
297 Posts
ok, you have auto right??

in the staging lanes, put it in neutral and turn the car off and be ready to push a lot, pop the hood and drive like that to the staging lanes after each run, open the hood while pushing it, when you get close, turn the car on and put the heater at full blast(A/C button in the off position), turn it off before you run, and make sure you shift yourself, cuz the car on it's own sucks. When you are staged right and the two lights are showing, hold the brake down and build up to about 1,500RPM no more, or you'll lose .2secs cuz of wheelspin, make sure also that you put the tire pressure to 28psi in the front and 32 in the back. then just shift at 6,000-6,2000RPM so it doesnt hit the redline and then you lose more time, from 2nd to 3rd shift at 6,1000RPM. Try not to power brake too hard and just relax, later,
JCC

P.S-email me if you got anymore questions

If you have a 5sp ignore this message

G

·
A lot of the launching technique will depend on what tires you are running and the track itself. With the stock Firestones, I have been launching at around 3k--3,500 rpm. I get wheelspin, but it has given me the best 60 foot times so far. I am gonna experiment a bit next time I am out at the track with a lower launch RPM. There are several experienced drag racers in my local club, and they have said that it *can* be beneficial to launch lower. I try to slip the clutch a bit, so that it won't bog down. Be prepared for wheel hop too. The stock motor mounts allow for a lot of excess movement.

Be sure to let the car cool down as 2k1 said. Use the tricks listed on se-r.net. After you slow sufficiently at the far end of the track, pop the hood to cool the engine bay. I also turn my heater on, and leave it on. Let the car run for several minutes after the run is complete so that the engine can cool down somewhat. You don't want to just shut the engine off immediately after doing the run. If you have a wait between runs, leave the hood open. Also, try to run the car as little as possible in the staging lanes. At my track, the staging lanes are downhill, so I can coast the car down to the bottom. You may not be as lucky. I run the heater up until I am ready to hit the track, and then I shut off all electrical accessories.

So far, the best thing that I've done is practice. Extracting 10/10th's out of your car is very hard to do. The Launch is VERY critical. A good launch will pay dividends at the other end of the track. Also, don't powershift. My best times have been shifting the normally, albeit as quickly as humanly possible. :)

If your at a test n tune day, don't worry about your reaction time. Concentrate on launching the car. Your R/T will not effect your time at all. I often times find myself so fixated on the lights, that I do a "rushed" launch. Once you get your launch down somewhat, start worrying about the cutting a good light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts