B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Again I am on the quest to have new products made for us as I myself am running out of mods I can do.

I'm sure some of you have read about the N-Tec lower control arm brace especially in sprort compact car.

here is some more info about it.

http://www.sentra.net/solm/april01/ntec.shtml

Mike Kojima's opinion

I just installed my production Nu-Tech lower control arm brace. Ken got the
first production lot in a few days ago and this is the first time I got to
use the latest design that bolts solidly to the lower crossmember.

The first design and the prototype that I used did not bolt to the
crossmember and the production part is a big improvememnt. It works so
well, I had to write about it to the list right away. I did not think it
would make that much a difference but it did. Te car feels much more solid
and connected now, way more than adding the strut tower brace did. The car
is better on bumps and going sideways off of driveways.

The solidness also seems to help reduce understeer. The car seems more
planted even in low speed turns. If you look at how the lower control arms
mount you will understand why this brace helps so much. The lower arms are
cantilivered out in space without much support in the front so there is a
lot of flex towards the toe-in side of things. The brace greatly reduces
this and thus the car turns in better.

I bet it also really helps prevent wheel hop although I did not test for
that. I am so impressed, I had to post as soon as I got back from my test
drive!

This part is manditory in the high powered turbo cars because it will
prevent the front control arm mounts from tearing and bending. On Ryan's
car, the lower a-arm mounts are distorting from the power and this brace
should prevent that.
To have this made we probably need about 15 who are seriously interested. Price would be around $165.

To me the front end needs a lot of tightening up, ok well a ton of it.

[Edited by david on 06-14-2001 at 05:41 PM]

·
Registered
446 Posts
well

seeing as how we have the joy of a solid rear axle how will the near solid front steering affect the drivability of the car? Will it be like turning a tank afterwards? I guess the thing is I don't really understand the advantage of tightening the fron suspension....it really wouldn't make daily driving that enjoyable...

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Personally when pushed the front end wants to hop all over the place, especially on the track (road track). The rear end is stiff yes, which makes it want to come out. Stiffening the front end will decrease the stiffness in the rear and bring it up toward the front of the car.

·
Registered
446 Posts
wait...

i am interested as well, I just wanted to get edjumakated on the subject basically...hehe trust me on the wheel hop action at the track...it really sucks...the ntech product looks really nice.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Just keep me informed.....

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kevin C.---'01 SR20DE said:
yes, but will stiffening up the front end create a bunch of understeer? thats the last thing a FWD car needs
I just threw in the text that Mike Kojima wrote about the brace. He says it actually reduces understeer.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm probably in

If you can give me like 2months to come up with the money, then I am probably in, yes the front suspension does need some work, I take tons of fast and hairpin turns and it's not that good, the front just seems not to go or understeer some. Let me know what happens, and for $165 I'll be in, in a month or two. They would compliment my soon to be Eibach Pro-Kits greatly

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I have been thinking about it and that is a great price, so I might be interested. Not certain, but still pondering my plans. later.

·
Registered
169 Posts
<sarcasm> This car understeers??? hmm some members seem to think that it oversteers </sarcasm>

anything to help reduce understeer would be welcome in my book. what kind of time frame would you need a commitment in??

david said:
To have this made we probably need about 15 who are seriously interested. Price would be around $165.
To me the front end needs a lot of tightening up, ok well a ton of it.
[Edited by david on 06-14-2001 at 05:41 PM] [/B]

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right now I am trying to gauge interest for N-Tec. Once I know I have 15 people firmly commited I can get back about a time frame. N-Tec is a small company so they need that many orders in order to ensure that they will at least break even.

Right now it seems there are at least 9 people interested/definte.

Hopefully some others will respond and I will have good news to tell N-Tec.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'd definately be interested, count me in

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
I don't want to over commit myself, but I'd be interested. I'm on the SMC brake line buy this month, but I'd be all good for late July. I really want to get into the SCCA stuff, that looks like a good part.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well sounds like we have some people definatly interested and some that need some time.

Right now they can't give me a time frame. But that said with the numbers I have told them we have moved up a few notches which is good.

I would expect this product would take a few months to get developed and in production.

So what I need from you guys is people who would definatly buy this product. I know some of you need some time, so if you are still interested and just need some time give me the time frame you need.

·
Registered
297 Posts
definately in 2 months or less

1.5 to 2 months, I am into dragging, and it sounds like I really need this part, and since they probably wont make better motor mounts for my auto car, this sounds like a great buy.

·
Registered pill popper
121 Posts
Count me in. I got the $$$.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
You have my vote....

:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
err um yeah

the last time i checked drag racing was in a straight line. why would you <i>need</i> this if you are primarily concerned with linear performance? I'd think you'd want to strip weight off the car, not add a 10-20lb piece onto it.

2k1DragSentra said:
1.5 to 2 months, I am into dragging, and it sounds like I really need this part, and since they probably wont make better motor mounts for my auto car, this sounds like a great buy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts