B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't see the point of having "ultra white" lights all around. Isn't the point of these lights to be "HID look alike"? Last time I checked there was no such thing as hid fogs and tail lights? Wouldn't the desired look be "ultra white" head lights then just regular fogs and turns? Isn't blue in the lower visible spectrum so it makes it lower visibility?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
623 Posts
the stock ones r better than the hyper, piaa, apc super white, hyper blue or wutever its called... the only bulbs that really make a difference are the new piaa super plasma which cost over 135$ retail and the raybrig which is known as stanley whick makes out factory bulbs. the raybrigs r also imported from japan, so price for that is even higher.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
All I gotta say to this is my lights with the bulbs that I have in are a hell of alot whiter and brighter than the stocks,,,the stocks are very yellow when compared,,,,I put on headlight bulb in and turned the lights on and you see the major difference...the same goes for the fogs as well thats why I went with those bulbs......Just my .02 cents

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
623 Posts
they are whiter, but how far will the light go? the white bulbs, they have a blue tint on it, its like wearing sun glasses in the nite time. u can see more if u werent wearing them. and the whiter it is, the lower then contrast of things will be at nite, and it will make things harder to see. try to turn ur contast up all the way on ur monitor, ull see wut i mean. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
All I gotta say to this is my lights with the bulbs that I have in are a hell of alot whiter and brighter than the stocks,,,the stocks are very yellow when compared,,,,I put on headlight bulb in and turned the lights on and you see the major difference...the same goes for the fogs as well thats why I went with those bulbs......Just my .02 cents

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man I have to agree with you on this one I really like the way the hyper white look in the rear turn signals,DAMN they are [email protected]$%ING bright. You can see me signal from miles away, not literally but you can see them from far away. Stock headlights suck. When we put white lights in the rear its not to look like "HID" its to be different and it just so happens that it looks better when all the light match, well at least I think so..........

------------------
2000 NISSAN SENTRA GXE

[This message has been edited by GraniteGXE2k (edited March 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
they are whiter, but how far will the light go? the white bulbs, they have a blue tint on it, its like wearing sun glasses in the nite time. u can see more if u werent wearing them. and the whiter it is, the lower then contrast of things will be at nite, and it will make things harder to see. try to turn ur contast up all the way on ur monitor, ull see wut i mean. :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I totaly see what you mean and I seem to think maybe it's me or it could be that I'm running a little brighter than stock but they reflect on the road nicely and just as bright if not brighter than stock......

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

***My Website***

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
YOu know....if I saw a car with clear turn signal lenses covers with a flashing white light, I'd prolly laugh at the person for messing up their reverse lights.

Just a thought. :)

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I was thinking of changing the rears to red just for a different look...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
87 Posts
These were posted before, but everyone seemed to ignore them. Anyway, here are some good resources to check out in regards to all the "ultra hyper super xenon white" lights.

The first one is a review at Overboost.com where they compare the light output of the stock headlight bulbs on a 1991 Civic LX (Stanley) to PIAA “Super White” bulbs, Opti Blue “Super White”, and a generic blue Taiwanese bulb called Astra. The stock bulbs proved to be far superior.

High Performance Headlights

The other link is to some FAQs about blue and superwhite bulbs

Bulb FAQs

------------------
: 2000 SE : RADIUM : AUTO : PP :

·
Registered
311 Posts
It seems to me like the blue bulbs (AKA faux-HID) wouldn't be as bright as stock, but I don't have any real evidence to back this up. However, I purchased a set of Sylvania Cool Blues which, despite the name, are actually bright white. I have found that they are significantly brighter than stock and allow me to see significantly farther than with my stock bulbs. However, this might be partially do to the fact that the stockers were really old. It just seems to me that a bright white would be better than the yellow of the stock bulbs. Even if they weren't any brigher, the clarity afforded by white rather than yellow makes them very worth the $40 I spent on them. Plus, they look really cool.

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!

·
Registered
75 Posts
PIAA Super Plasma Bulbs are cool.
Raybrigs are great too.
Yes, both are expensive, but I think it is worth it.
Here are my thoughts
- they are a lot brighter, and that means you'll see more! Safety
- cosmetic - looks nice! factory bubls are just ugly
- There is a blue tint (special tint) because it blocks out certain light (like red and yellow) from the spectrum and it allows the other colors to go through, you'll lose a bit of visible light, but it is even out by increase in wattage (even if it says it is the same wattage, I wouldn't htink so)
- PIAA are DOT approved, so get them, because they're legal

Turn signals and stuff, well, I have Raybrig's 2x bright reverse lights, I tell you, when you reverse, it's like having headlights when you back up, another word, it's any other good thing, safety too.
I got them for my signal lamps as well, they're white, with no blue tint, but they're bright, you can see me change lanes 5 miles away!
- Other colors of those little bubls, well, they're illegal mostly, but they look cool, cops usually don't pull you over for that, but if you do get caught for something else, they might as well give you another ticket for that while they're at it.

That's my thought!

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon!

·
Registered
259 Posts
i have piaa super white H-4 bulbs they make my car look real good at night and they work great i like them and think they were well worth the $65 i paid for them peace... the stock bulbs suck.

------------------
LATER,
FRANK-93XE AUTO W/SOME MODS...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the PIAA 9007 Platinum Superwhites headlights and the H3 fogs also. The fogs are way better than the headlights are. I was hoping the would match. The fogs bulb is tinted blue and it seems the light that comes out is much cleaner and brighter. I think the fogs were worth it but I am not so sure about the headlights.

I would really like to get some brighter reverse bulbs. Someone mentioned some Raybrig's. Who has done their reverse lights and if so what bulbs (part#) did you use? How much were they? Were they quite a bit brighter than stock?

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

[This message has been edited by rschauby (edited March 30, 2001).]

·
Registered
259 Posts
i went with superwhites on my headlamps using stock wattage and the the difference was night and day. (no pun intended) be careful of using wattages higher than stock for they can melt the plastic housing and that is not covered under warranty. try to stick with stock wattages and you should be fine.
also, keep your stockies, so if there is a problem, switch them out b4 you go back to the dealer! i still need to replace the fogs. when the fogs and headlamps are on, you can definatly tell a difference in the color and clarity.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
46 Posts
what is the stock wattage??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts