B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Aesthetically the shift knob looks beautiful. Its fairly light, constructed nicely, chrome base and top, features NISMO laser etched logo on the top. Goes nice with the Spec-V interior. I purchased the carbon fiber version to match my theme.

Shifts feel much different compared to the OEM knob. The OEM one fit your hand nicely and you could really throw it into gear. The NISMO knob isn't comfortable, it feels awkard because of its shape. Shifting feels odd because you have a hard time really gripping it.

I was bored and thought I'd inform others who might be interested in purchasing this shift knob :)

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
i have the NISMO chrome one. i could never go back to stock again.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hmmm...you say its fairly light? one of the reasons why i like the nismo much more is cause it feels heavier. at least it feels weighted when compared to the cheap plastic stocker. :)

·
Dine Racer
276 Posts
The stock is too huge IMO
Love the nismo CF one But I still want the GT Titanium

·
Registered
921 Posts
I had 2 Nismo Carbon Fiber and hated them both. On both of them the carbon fiber started to spin like it was a POS. The shifts were totally uncomfortable because there was no easy way to grab the damn thing. I didn't like how it looked from the side cause the 'stick' and the knob were at two different angles and it looked like it was bent or something. And the chrome got hot as a ***** when it was sunnyu

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
CustomSentra1 said:

Aesthetically the shift knob looks beautiful. Its fairly light, constructed nicely, chrome base and top, features NISMO laser etched logo on the top. Goes nice with the Spec-V interior. I purchased the carbon fiber version to match my theme.

Shifts feel much different compared to the OEM knob. The OEM one fit your hand nicely and you could really throw it into gear. The NISMO knob isn't comfortable, it feels awkard because of its shape. Shifting feels odd because you have a hard time really gripping it.

I was bored and thought I'd inform others who might be interested in purchasing this shift knob :)
What about HP gains? Have you dynoed it yet? :rolleyes: :p ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Spec V Molten said:
I had 2 Nismo Carbon Fiber and hated them both. On both of them the carbon fiber started to spin like it was a POS. The shifts were totally uncomfortable because there was no easy way to grab the damn thing. I didn't like how it looked from the side cause the 'stick' and the knob were at two different angles and it looked like it was bent or something. And the chrome got hot as a ***** when it was sunnyu
werd........got me the cf Nismo knob and used it for 24 hours and went back to my Razo which looks the same as the Nismo but it is alot thinker and heavier.
Unless you hands are tiny, the Nismo knob is going to feel like a toy knob............plus, the cf thing was spinning for me too and I'm like WTF???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts