B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of research I finally bought a digital camera!
Heres my SE.........yeah I made a few mistakes before joining this forum!

Guess I should put on my flame suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
HI Jess
1,906 Posts
hood scoop seems to be off center, to the right a bit, altezza's arent chrome so alrite. and the wheels are different. overall, as long as u like, thats all that matters

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the hood scoop to help cool down the engine, I noticed that it was giving off mad heat to where the valve cover was getting scolded.I was looking at those three carbon fibre hoods, but I'm hoping something else comes along.

·
DIY-er
681 Posts
I can't decide if I love the rims or hate the rims... they're different anyway.

No comment on the rest.

Looks like it's taken care of anyway!

·
Registered
176 Posts
im distracted by the hood scoop....i agree...it doesnt flow. the rims seem ok (they're different) and the lights ...meh. im not BIG on altezza taillights for the sentra since its hard to find one that goes with the body. like, some dont flow, u know? but i guess it looks okay.

·
I-L-L......I-N-I
1,999 Posts
Britjamcoolie said:
I got the hood scoop to help cool down the engine, I noticed that it was giving off mad heat to where the valve cover was getting scolded.I was looking at those three carbon fibre hoods, but I'm hoping something else comes along.
So it's a functional hood scoop? Pop the hood and take some pics. I wanna see what it looks like. I think you're the first to do that :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
the hood is whack , the rims look heavy and they just dont look like something for the sentra, the tails are of the typical tyc or apc variety. the exhaust looks like a muffler piece u buy @ pep boys or advance auto.

good news u can undo all that and return to stock, fortunately for u the car looks like its mint condition so thats a plus

imo u should , get 04-06 spec v stock rims, do the stock tails with a light tint, get a stock hood buy a nice catback exhaust like the sp2 and bingo ur done!

oh and get some springs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
sentracruiser02 said:
So it's a functional hood scoop? Pop the hood and take some pics. I wanna see what it looks like. I think you're the first to do that :p

even if its functional , he aint rockin a turbo kit nor s/c kit and it looks disgusting.

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
I dislike the rims...

I REALLY dis like the scoop, unless your planning on going turbo or something SOON.

But the car is VERY clean, tweak a few things and you'll be fine...

Oh and, Don't listen to anyone that says "buy other year stock rims"...I never understood why people would spend money to look like another STOCK model...I dunno thats just me.

Get a decent daily driver suspension...Get some Tanabe GF210's and KYB's, stiffer than stock, feel nice, handles like a glove. :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
if the hood scoop was molded into the hood or was like the old shaker style then it might look pretty decent

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
if the hood is functional and you do have a heating problem it looks like you bigger things to worry about than modding your car. i would get that fixed asap.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VMPhil said:
if the hood is functional and you do have a heating problem it looks like you bigger things to worry about than modding your car. i would get that fixed asap.
Its been that way ever since I bought it.Ive never really had any problems with it, but if your standing right next to it its just like a gust of heat in your face.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
solis1479 said:
the hood is whack , the rims look heavy and they just dont look like something for the sentra, the tails are of the typical tyc or apc variety. the exhaust looks like a muffler piece u buy @ pep boys or advance auto.

good news u can undo all that and return to stock, fortunately for u the car looks like its mint condition so thats a plus

imo u should , get 04-06 spec v stock rims, do the stock tails with a light tint, get a stock hood buy a nice catback exhaust like the sp2 and bingo ur done!

oh and get some springs.
Yeah I realize about the hood, but after looking at other people cars most of their rims are the same spoke type or with a chrome lip, whats wrong with being different? also a lot of people have these apc lights too and with the exhaust, I dont like the ones with the large single opening!

·
Registered
228 Posts
its cool.

how i wouldve done it...

-CF hood (to get rid of that scoop)
-kept the stock wheels on (those u got on look like a bigger version of the hubcaps that came stock on the 03 GXE and 04-06 1.8S
b15's)
-04-06 SE-R tails (the black altezzas arent that bad)
-OEM SE-R headlights
-amber sidemarkers (i cant stand clear)

·
lipped n' dipped
704 Posts
Your car would be 100x better without that scoop! It looks good with the rims and tails, but that hoodscoop is sooooooo outta place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts