B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gather some information on the brand of headlight bulbs around and decided to give what I see out.

Perhaps the most talk about aftermarket bulbs will be PIAAs and Sylvania Silverstars. My cousin currently have a set of PIAAs and they are amazing bright. PIAAs are whiter then Silverstars but brightness wise is pretty similar. I had a pair of Silverstars on before and loved how bright they were, but color wise - it isn't really my taste. Don't get me wrong Silverstars are white, but not white enough. There is still a hint of yellow on it at certain conditions.

Nokyas, I do not have much information on. I do hear that they are probably the brightest and whitest aftermarket fake xenon bulbs you can get. Although I've a few friends that had their harness burn because they didnt upgrade. Perhaps maybe after the upgrade, you'll be fine.

For people that searches for baby bluish light, I would recommend GP thunders. You can find these on ebay or www.globalpremier.com. My friend is currently running the high wattage 8500k series. Their brightness not be able to compare to Silverstars but they shoot out a nice blueish tint of light. I really don't see any yellow. Supposely GP thunders are upgraded version of Xd5s and FX. My friend have the high wattage Xd5s on his celica and have lasted for 2 years before it popped. I guess that also depend on driving conditions.

I guess that kinda conclude on what I have to say. I'm apologize if you believe this thread is a waste of time, but I do thank you for reading. =)

·
Registered
147 Posts
i coulda used thisa couple uh weeks ago, i bought silverstars and they work for now not overly excited but they get the job done. But all n all nice job on the bulb review i gotta say

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have silverstars in my 90 accord and you are right they still have some of that yellow look.

The PIAA lights I have on my 04 SpecV have almost a bluish white look to them and they look tight! Now all I have to do is wait for PIAA to come out with the H13/9008 bulb so I can upgrade my headlights!

·
fückin your mom
644 Posts
i had nokyas for bout 2 years and they are preety bright when they are comeing at you.
i do most of my driving at night and let me tell you, they have so much blue tint to them you cant see crap and if the weather gets bad forget about it. really couldnt see anyhting at night without the fogs with the oem bulbs in them.
mtec is what i have now in both of my cars. the super whites have a little less blue tint than the nokyas. and i also have a set of mtec golden style which give off a deep yellow light like fog light. visibility is perfect with em

·
<< MiSo, on theVboard >>
357 Posts
i have GE superblue's that are brighter than my piaa's. bought them because they were dirt cheap. my piaa's blew out on me and needed something quick. but i like them. and no problems yet.

·
D-town's Finest
1,128 Posts
Look into Mtec bulbs.... they have hyperwhites fro pretty much everything.. I have em for interior and exterior bulbs.. it's sweet as hell

·
creating HAVOK
262 Posts
hmm i bought some noykias in artic purple, nice when they are far away, lights up the boards on the highways, but for some reason they dont light up as much in the dark places i need them like the canyons!!! hell i can see my fogs light better!!! maybe im they are pointing in to high? but o well thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hyperwhites just doesn't seem to go well with our fogs to me. Perhaps its our fogs casing, cause I never had some outstanding performance from hyperwhites on fogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.