B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, sure they are a small company and I am totally all for them supporting the Sentra community, but that still is no reason for their seemingly blatant horrible customer service. In my book it doesn't matter how small or large the company is or for what vehicle they produce things for, customer service is ALWAYS 1st. This is something that they really need to work on. With $200 going out for one part I want that part to be perfect. Now with the missing hole in the lower portion of their CAI's it puts even more doubt into my mind than before. Not only did the d!ck a lot of people around for the past month or so, the finished product I think isn't worth the time waited for them to get their act together. I really appreciate what they have done for the Sentra community and hope that they continue to do so (*cough* headers *cough) but it looks right now that they are not faring to well in my eyes. This is in no way a flame to Hotshot or a put down to anyone who buys their products. I am just throwing my argument agains the "they are a small company" and "we should be thankful they do anything for us".

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would have to say this is very well put and I also would hate to say but I agree with it 100%......sorry but you have to look at as ILL has stated....it's not like it's untruthfull...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey Ill, I'm sorta with you on your points. That's kinda why I went with Place Racing. When I saw Russ' installed, I knew that Place Racing looked to be alright with me. Also speaking to a few people at Place Racing kinda made me feel much better about their products. One thing I should mention about Place Racing, is about the red that they said that they would have for me in a few weeks, when I called a few weeks ago. Now they told me that they were sold out. This SHOULD NOT effect the group buy, because from what I know and understand about Gilbert, the point of contact their for the group buy, he is looking to accomadate the whole group as much as he can. I will get a better aspect tomorrow afternoon when I call to talk to him myself. I will let you all know.

Customer service wise...any of you all talk with Courtesy Nissan??? I'd have to say that they have been probably the best customer service I have recieved over the phone in a long time, save Discount Tire Company. Take care all, and this is my 2 cents.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
hey marv deffinetly let me know how it goes with the red,,,,cause i am gonna paint my calipers red as well and i'm also going to do some stuff in the engine compartment red as well but if not then i can do blue

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

***My Website***

G

·
I too agree with Ill. Anyone who is supporting Hotshot obviously hasn't placed an order with them recently. Why should we be happy with an incorrect part after waiting over a month to get it!?! We have every right to be dissapointed and demand that the problems be corrected.

I look at it this way. I (and many others) put our faith in Hotshot, and placed our PRE-PAID orders 2~8 weeks ago. We upheld our end of the bargain by commiting our money to the part before it was produced. Hotshot meanwhile, has strung us along for weeks (after admitting that they weren't even working on it, WTF?) and then gives us a part that doesn't fit right. I feel like I just got a slap in the face! I'm gonna tell Robert exactly how I feel tomorrow...whether he likes it or not.

Everyone seems to be arguing that Hotshot is a good company that has supported the Sentra community for years. That doesn't negate the fact that we have been lied to, nor does it relieve them from the responsibility to produce a perfect fitting part.

Now we are in a catch 22. If we send the parts back, it could easily be 2~4 MORE weeks before we see the correct parts. They will either have to modify the current part, or create a new lower tube and have them re-coated. I personally, am going on 5 weeks since I placed my order.

Is anyone that bought a B15 CAI satisfied with their order? Does anyone think that the 1 month wait was worth it? Does anyone think that their Hotshot CAI is better than the PR model that fits right? If you answered no to one or more of those questions, you should let Hotshot know!

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
if anyone takes action against Hotshot about the "no hole for sensor" deal... keep me posted....

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
maxx bro i would have to say that what you just said was totaly agreeable and i would also do that same thing.....complain that is.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
I'm gonna tell Robert exactly how I feel tomorrow...whether he likes it or not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do it!!!!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha...don't get me started on injen, I've had/seen very bad exp with injen, namely the exact same problems hotshot is having but worse....

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

G

·
I guess you might ask Injen why they had to redesign their Ford Focus CAI.....Because the first one didn't work right!

We'll get to the bottom of this. Then we will ALL be happy.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
told u gusy... go injen
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO I told you go Place Raceing

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:

NO I told you go Place Raceing

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight! Heh...

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts