B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnally decided to go ahead and throw a DVD player in the Spec after upgrading the rest of the system. After doing extencive research I found a GREAT monitor for a good price. I got a TM-702L monitor. There is no name brand to it, but it is the one that you commonly see under the name innovetek. The screen is acctually a Panasonic LCD screen, and it is great. This thing seriously exceded my expectations. It is not motorized however, but I didnt care. The DVD player I got was a Sony MV-101. It is also a great unit. I got it pretty cheap on EBay. OK so heres the pics. Feel free to ask any questions. Oh yeah, this set up cost me right at $400. Which is pretty cheap if you ask me.

Monitor not out:
http://gallery.thevboard.com/view.p...ic=monitor+001.jpg&start=15&picindex=15&user=

Monitor Half Way out:
http://gallery.thevboard.com/view.p...ic=monitor+003.jpg&start=15&picindex=16&user=

Monitor Playing:
http://gallery.thevboard.com/view.p...ic=monitor+007.jpg&start=15&picindex=17&user= Note, the picture look funny because this is not the original image size.

Shifter in 1st gear:
http://gallery.thevboard.com/view.p...ic=monitor+009.jpg&start=15&picindex=18&user=

I included this pic so people can see there is plenty of room to shift.

What do you all think??

·
Registered
631 Posts
looks nice. what worries me about that setup is that shifting to 3rd, i'd prob punch the screen if it was out lol.

oh well, i dont plan on adding an in-dash moniter. i'm all set with just an absolutely badass audio system, and my 400+whp motor in the making :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
How did u mount it so that it can slide out do u have any pics of the installation

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is an indash monitor. I bought it that way.

It is a little low, but you can see it just fine from pretty mush everywhere in the car, so Im happy with it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Usually when I drive, I want to look out the driver's side of the front windshield, not to the right of my freaking knees.

P.S. the V board blows my sizack

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont like to look at my knees either. But the monitor isnt for me, its for my passengers. I also didnt want the monitor up there for several reasons:

1) I use my HU about a million times more than my monitor, so I wanted it to be most conviniet.
2) I didnt want the screen to block my A/C vents
3) I didnt want to see it while driving. It is kind of a safety issue there bud.

And im glad you think the VBoard sucks. I think Hondas are ***, but I dont go posting that for no reason at all.

Im open to anymore constructive, mature comments/questions...

·
You guys are dangerous
837 Posts
02 Black Spec V said:
And im glad you think the VBoard sucks. I think Hondas are ***, but I dont go posting that for no reason at all.

I'm pretty sure he was b!tching about the super slow pic loading time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2003specv said:
I'm pretty sure he was b!tching about the super slow pic loading time.
OK if he was my fault. Its been a long day. I just dont like trolls, it gets anoying.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you dont even come close to hitting the screen when you shift. There is plenty of room.

·
Registered
501 Posts
02 Black Spec V said:
i dont like to look at my knees either. But the monitor isnt for me, its for my passengers. I also didnt want the monitor up there for several reasons:

1) I use my HU about a million times more than my monitor, so I wanted it to be most conviniet.
2) I didnt want the screen to block my A/C vents
3) I didnt want to see it while driving. It is kind of a safety issue there bud.

Hey at least I wasn't a dick about it, unlike you.
Funny, I think Hondas are *** too. It's just that my knowledge surpasses my personal views.
I said what I said about the V board because there's always problems with linking to pictures on there, from this site. Who the hell are you? The V board defender? lol
Take a deep breath, and pull that banana from out your rectum.
I actually think that your car looks good. I said exactly what I meant, and there's no way on Earth that you can honestly say that you'll never watch that thing when in the driver's seat. So get over yourself. lol

I'm a troll?? :rolleyes: Yeah, I just surf this board to harass people. Either that or give everyone and anyone advice on anything they ask me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tony I said:
Hey at least I wasn't a dick about it, unlike you.
Funny, I think Hondas are *** too. It's just that my knowledge surpasses my personal views.
I said what I said about the V board because there's always problems with linking to pictures on there, from this site. Who the hell are you? The V board defender? lol
Take a deep breath, and pull that banana from out your rectum.
I actually think that your car looks good. I said exactly what I meant, and there's no way on Earth that you can honestly say that you'll never watch that thing when in the driver's seat. So get over yourself. lol

I'm a troll?? :rolleyes: Yeah, I just surf this board to harass people. Either that or give everyone and anyone advice on anything they ask me.
i dont care about the vboard. its cool and all i just thought you were being ***.

And no i really dont watch it, i would rather keep my car in one piece than see a movie.

my bad for being a dick. It was a long day, as pretty much everyday is, so no harm ment. But JPalm is a tool :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.