B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
Nice. I needed a 24" breaker bar to break my cam sprocket, so I feel you on that portion of the install! =)

·
makin' money
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still breaking them in...

I will do oil change tonight and then really test them out :D

·
makin' money
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after taking it easy for first 100 or so miles i got on it today for the first time and was happy with my purchase ;)

I noticed i lost a little bit of torque but not much. Car started to pull in every gear after first and Car seemed to sound a little louder :confused: I also noticed that i can no longer hear my secondary intake runners open up like before. With my stock cams i could hear them open up at about 5000rpm. The typhoon intake would just growl at 5000rpms and would sound so sweet :(

Over all I am happy with the surge in power up top. Idle is about the same and no stalling what so ever. So, I am happy with this mod so far ;)

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Nice, you're going to love how the 4-5 shift at redline feels now, you'll feel a nice surge forward that wasn't there before ;) Have you raised your idle at all? I've got mine raised all the way to 950 rpms, but I wanna drop it a lil lower to feel the lopey idle...is yours lopey?

·
makin' money
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, not much though. If i get a CEL I might end up raising idle. If not then i am just going to leave it :D

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Happy for you man! This is exactly what I'm looking for... torque we have more than enough but top-end begin to suck in 5th gear. Sometimes if my wallet want to!

It's strange that you can't hear the runner opening now thus... I just hope your screws are holding well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts