B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wowsers....I got my new policy today in the mail. I wasn't even going to open it, but decided to just to make sure everything was right. Well, much to my surprise there was a bill in with the policy info. This is weird because I just got a bill from them like a day ago.

Well, the amount due was $556.00!! I had to look twice to make sure that is what it said! Now, the bill I just got was for 194.00, and now I get a $556.00 on top of that! OMG, I had to check to make sure I didn't get Bill Gate's insurance bill by accident. Is it realistic to pay $700 worth of insurance in one month? I think not!

I can't call the company directly, so I have to wait till tomorrow to call my agent to find out what the hell is going on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Something similar happened to me this year.

I got my papers in the mail like normal, but my broker company had terminated their relationship with my old insurance carrier, so they put me on a new plan.

This new plan didn't have the 'feature' to be paid out monthly, so they would 'offer' to finance it for me. For 10%! Plus there was now a 'paper work' fee of $45!

So even though my insurance went down some $200 per year, I was paying $2 more per month becuase of financing charges and that stupid paper work fee.

That same day I did some phoning around and changed brokers. My insurance rate went down by %30 because I took 15min to call some people from a phone book.

So for everyone out there, when it comes time for you to review your policy this year take a bit of time to shop around please!

It will save you money. (So you can afford those pulleys and CAI you've always wanted.)

------------------
Mike
-Please pass the vodka!-

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did read in an earlier Car&Driver about the B15 [before it came out?] and the short article mentioned that the B15 will have a "higher [or worse] than average" insurance.

------------------
911 / 944 / 935 Turbo, F355, F40, early Ferrari's, Z06 Vette, RX7, WRX, Lingenfelter Viper, 300ZX, AC Cobra, GT40, Copo Camaro's, Countach, McLaren F1, '70 Challenger T/A, Parnelli Jones Mustang, any Mustang's up to '69, Eleanor [Gone 60 sec], whatever Carroll Shelby touches...
oh...I'm supposed to list the car I HAVE, not what I would LIKE to have! ;)

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Car and Driver wrong again (as usual). $214/6 mo. including collision 200,000/500,000 liability. Now that is currently for my 3 rd car and I am getting the lowest rates. No accidents/tickets multicar discount yada.. yada... yada. Check out Allstate their rates are best here in Pa. I believe.

Later

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans
Car partly remanufactured
(Sarcastic comment)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Maxx if you just got the insurance then it also could be that some insurance company require that you pay a couple of months in advance....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
259 Posts
my insurance went down when i got my SE. i had a crx si and was paying about $79 a month for 4 months. now with the SE, i'm paying $69. I guess the ABS, airbags, side airbags and immobilizer helps.

------------------
MY PAGE

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, am I screwed. I contacted my agent today, and I actually owe an additional 360 bucks on top of the 200 I just sent them. So, that will be 560 bucks in one month. BTW, it gets worse. This bill is due in 4 days! *yay*

Guess I get to shop for new insurance, or be one of the many uninsured motorists on the road.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
are you using a major insurance company????
I am using progressive and they gave me a decent rate compared to alot of others....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man--

You guys are getting screwed. I use USAA, and in Colorado, they bill you six months at a time. You can divide it over 6 months, pay at once, or four equal payments. My Sentra was $401 every six months for 100k/300k comp and collision with a $500 deductible.

------------------
2000 Avalanche Sentra SE 5-speed with PP, sunroof & deflector, gas cap holder

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000SE:
my insurance went down when i got my SE. i had a crx si and was paying about $79 a month for 4 months. now with the SE, i'm paying $69. I guess the ABS, airbags, side airbags and immobilizer helps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn dude, that's pretty cheap. I don't have the side airbags or the ABS, and I'm paying $98 a month. $500 deductable for collision, $250 for comprehensive, 50/100/50 full coverage, and I'm 22.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts