B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was my first time autocrossing today, i just got back and im so tired. my best time was a 45.4, but my first run was a 49.5. lemme just say that autoxing is more addicting then street racing!

·
Arrr Dublyew Dee
164 Posts
4 seconds is a nice improvement. how many runs were you able to get in???

at the end of FCSCC events they usually do fun runs at the end of the day... $2 per run, supposedly for as many times as you like till they close (I got cutoff after running through like 4 times straight once though). THOSE are the addicting ones :p

·
Registered
598 Posts
Nice to hear about the good experience. I would like to try autox as well as it is an excellent chance to exercise vehicle control, but have withheld from doing so as i dont have the $$ for tire and misc wear that would occur to the vehicle.

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i think if u do it once or twice its not too bad on the car, i mean if ur hardcore yea the wear would be alot. my car is stock except a CAI, catback exhaust, and some cosmetic mods.
i got 5 runs in. 4 offical and one fun run . my goal of the day was 45 seconds, i got that on my last run, but ur right it is addicting as hell! i've been thinking about it since i got home, and that was like 9 hrs ago!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i cant wait till i go i just have to wait till next summer since i got my winter stuff goin on soon.... good to hear man maybe sometime i can come up there and we can go on some crazy roads in upstate NY (i had the best time in Utice with them during a rain storm)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Did you smoke a cigarette afterwards???

Where do you go Auto-Xing up there???

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, no it was my first time AUTOXING... i don't think i would post the fact that i lost my virginity.....
it was in a mall parkinglot, its a big *** lot, and nobody ever uses it!

·
Administrator
5,873 Posts
Did you play with your tires pressures at all? If not try and find someone that has been doing it for awhile and ask for some help. AutoX is great fun, I was addicted from the get go. There are a lot of things to learn about how your car handles. Have fun!

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
SpecVracer315 said:
it was my first time autocrossing today, i just got back and im so tired. my best time was a 45.4, but my first run was a 49.5. lemme just say that autoxing is more addicting then street racing!
Good job!!! so your cherry's been busted....I was actually surprised this weekend, I raced Dangling Fury's car for the first time (because my car died saturday :( ) and my first run was 40.9 My fastest was 40.1(+1) and all 6 runs were in that range. That's the smallest range I've ever had, and I did it in someone else's car. (oh and I was able to go a little faster than Steve, haha)

·
Man-Whore
1,454 Posts
Fluid1 how are autocross times measured... How can you compare runs from one event to the other... they must be evaluated seperatly no?

We're you better with your own car or dangling fury's car?

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
Paraskass said:
Fluid1 how are autocross times measured... How can you compare runs from one event to the other... they must be evaluated seperatly no?

We're you better with your own car or dangling fury's car?
Each course is different. To find out how much 'better' we get over the season, we average how far off of FTD and others that race are each time. Some event the times will be around 30 seconds, some over a minute.

I think that my car is better set up fro autox, but Steve's got a lot more power. I think that if I could have driven the same course with my car I would have been faster. But Steve actually got a 40.2xx fastest time, and my fastest official run was 40.6, even though I hit 40.1 (damn cones)

Steve is one of my best friends, and my archrival in autox, even though we race in different classes. Up until I got FTD this year at the G'boro race, Steve and I had NEVER been more than .3 apart!! Sometimes he'd win,l sometimes I'd win. But lately I've been getting the upper hand, but now my car's done for the season...............

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trance34 said:
Did you play with your tires pressures at all? If not try and find someone that has been doing it for awhile and ask for some help. AutoX is great fun, I was addicted from the get go. There are a lot of things to learn about how your car handles. Have fun!
funny you mention that, because my first run of the day was when my tire pressure was set up for drag racing (the even was on a sunday.... saturday night drag racing... im sure you get it :) ) so my psi in the front was like 29 and the rear was about 44. i increased the pressure in the front after my second run to about 40 psi in the front, 42 in the rear. my third run was a 46.3, then my fourth run was a 45.7. then my fun run was at 45.4
so what i learned was that tire pressure is clutch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts