B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah. My car is at 80,749 trouble free miles!!http://community.webshots.com/photo/108894421/168950849qinmAE I bought it brand spanking new in August 2000. I do all the maintenance on time at every 3,750 miles like the manual says to do. This little SE has been abused to hell & back & comes back for more! I love my little SE. Nothing is wrong with my car, but I'll probably be replacing all the belts, alternator, battery, radiator, & a few other things on my SE at 90,000 miles, just to be on the safe side. I keep hearing about those radiators & starters..... :eek: I'll be doing the complete tune up at 105,000 miles. I only changed the plugs at 52,000 miles even though it wasn't required. When I pulled them out, they were still in excellent condition.

Besides the former +100,000 mile Sentra SE owner Nismo_Girl_2001, who else has high mileage on their SE's? Any troubles? No troubles? :D

I want SE's dammit!! :p

Hahaha! ;)

So yeah!! Share your stories! :cool:

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
im not in a se, but i will be lucky if i dont replace the engine by 80,749 miles....lol damnit why cant be reliable like you

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
I'm at 82,300 with just a cai for performance mods and have been having alot of problems. 3 MAF's and needing another, 4 O2 Sensors and needing another, on my 4th battery, just replaced the starter, and now I'm having other problems. I've done all the maintenance myself and as scheduled. Honestly I don't think I'll buy another new nissan. If I do get another I'm going back to the older ones, they gave me less trouble.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
I bought my 2001, new in May '01. Getting close to 53K. Most are interstate/highway miles. Have some mods and junk.

STILL going strong!
***Knocks on wood;)

I've only had 2 issues with it:
The secondary ECU (Alarm and such) took a poo
Had a problem for a while with the axle nuts loosening up

I drive my Nissy a.ka. The Dentra hard..... and the gas milage is always improving :)

·
Resident D1ckhead
377 Posts
82k and a few problems. the wiring went bad on my immobilizer and the car wouldnt start (~42k) fixed for free at the dealership. hesitation at 3800-4400rpm fixed by replacing rotor/cap/wires. ac decided to quit working at 80k (havent fixed that yet) broken bolt in caliper (lots of fun) drilled/tapped works fine now. few other random problems here and there but nothign major so far (knock on wood), mostly just anyoing things like the rattles and chipping paint.

·
creating HAVOK
262 Posts
well you know my recent story @52k miles; battery went out, control arm that needs to befix, other than that runs fine, and changing my battery made the car run better believe it or not.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
May 2000, 56k total miles, 7k turbocharged miles. This car has been through SO much, it's not even worth to type it all out again. 1 major accident, 1 minor accident, many mods on and off the car, getting turbocharged and all the maintenance that comes with that! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2001 SE in April 2001. I have had absolutely NO problems. I have 91,000 MILES. I drive between 2,000-2,500 miles per month. Lots of city driving however. I have only changed the pads front and rear once, plugs, wires, cap and rotor at 70,000. I have flushed the radiator three times and change the oil every 4,000. Optima red top battery was put in at 60,000 for stereo system purposes. My car runs like a champ. At 100 K I plan on changing all belts and hoses. I couldn't ask for a better car. I LOVE it. My feeling is that you take care of it and pamper it, she will run forever. My next BIG concern is my clutch going out!!

·
I drive way too much
228 Posts
98,000 on oil changes and k+n cleaning. Original rotors (new pads) hoses, belts, plugs etc. I have to do the full tune up very soon. but I've had no real problems with the se. I love this car man.

·
nerd
117 Posts
My car has almost exactly the same mileage as the thread starter. It has 80,970 miles and was bought new in late june, 2000. It was pretty much trouble free until the A/C went out 6 months ago. When I painted my valve cover, the valvetrain looked brand new! Have only used Mobil-1 and Royal Purple. I guess it will last forever if I just keep taking good care of it, which is not the case with some cars like my brother's Neon which will break down no matter how well you maintain it! I have never regretted my decision to buy my SE, probably one of the best cars for its price ever produced.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i agree i bought mine used (GXE not SE) at 14,000 miles not problems now at 96,000 miles and i beat the hell out of her (Deliver Pizzas) great car will get another sentra if i trade this one in

·
Super Moderator
8,874 Posts
Bought my SE on 8/31/2000, picked it up a few days later with 115 miles on the odometer. (It had to be brought in from another dealer.) Now its got ~ 42600 miles.
Lets see: all I've changed is the fluids, filters and wipers. Had to have the right-rear quarter panel repainted because the neighbor's son hit it with his bicycle, a part of the left-rear quarter panel repainted because my Dad hit it with a printer (!), the suspension bolt recall, the sunroof switch and subwoofer replaced, and TSBs for the A/C and ECM reprogram.

It's been a great car. I expect it to run for a long time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
80k miles. full tuneup at 60k. new tires at 45k. new front rotors/pads at 25k. new rear pads at 50k. CAI the only mod. the only problem i got is a rust spot on the hood.
EDIT: oh yeah, and my horn hasn't worked for 6 months or longer. i got this fixed once at 12k miles, and the problem returned...

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
I'm at close to 73k. Bought brand new in August 2000. Car hadn't moved for the last year and half but in the last 3 weeks it started up with a turbo on it. So far its seen about 100 miles and is running fine.

·
Tired...New Father
1,693 Posts
57K and still love her...actually my fiance named her last night Salena. LMAO gotta love it.

Only probs to date have been:

1 burnt sunroof motor (Replaced under Warrenty)
broken control arm (Replaced under Warrenty)
Rack and Pinion gone (Just past warrenty)

No major probs and I wouldn't trade her for anything else.

·
A rare and different tune
368 Posts
Jan. '01 - I am about to flip 90k and have had no issues other than ones I've caused. I plan to keep this car around for a long time. :)

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
Outside of someone hitting my SE...:(:mad: The only problems I've had with it were starting issues , and the transmission . Now the transmission thing , well it was replaced due to crappy Nissan Technicians ( Forgot to put tranny fluid back into tranny :rolleyes: ) . But the starting thing is kinda pissing me off...I haven't has my SE for 2 days now . It's not the starter , but either a wire or a relay . The starter crapped-out 3 months ago or so ( you'll have that ) , and was replaced with a brand-new Bosch starter . So I really have no complaints , as I've yet to have a motor problem....which I more than likely won't have . :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts