B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys heres the rundown... I shattered my clutch because of doing something stupid, warranty replaces it, but its not the same. The reason its not the same is because it has to break for a while. So ive had it for probably a month and its felt better, but still no real grip?! I cant make the tires spin like i used to, usually it would just bog then go. Whats the deal with that? Shifting gears works fine its just launching in 1st. I want to take it to the dealership if they can adjust it, but its a hydraulic clutch and those settle in on its own and even though they'd take it for the test drive they'll probably just say it works just fine. I loved how the OEM clutch felt before i broke it, but now its just not the same. Anybody have any ideas?

*also my milage is so wack, the best im getting is 230 till the light comes on and thats with light driving.

Is there anything could that the dealership can do about these issues?

·
Registered
773 Posts
if the engine is boggin, i think its gripping a little too much? if it wasnt gripping, then the clutch wouldnt grab and the RPM's would just go up real high. IMO that is. mileage doesnt seem to be too bad. i grannied my car for a week straight and the best i got was 250 miles in a tank. things sure can suck up the gas!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by bogging i mean the rpms take a drop (close to stalling) before accelerating and this is when i dump the clutch in at 1st. All i can say is the clutch is too soft and if anyone knows how this can be adjusted pls tell.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree with INoStop, if the engine is getting bogged down when you let out the clutch its because its too tight. Too much friction too soon would probably lead to the lower RPMs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts