B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was opening my trunk I realized that my car has been keyed. It runs from the left side of my trunk to the right side of it. It is somewhat deep. I dont know if them scratch removel will work on this. I just want to know what other options I have besides a body shop. I know the dealer has the paint touch up but will that work on key marks?

Also what scrach removel cream has you guys used. What works best for you. Im pretty tick right now because I kinda have an idea of who it might be but I can say nothing because I have no proof. I think its on of the neighbor kids that my gf caught trying stealing my mail.

If I must take it to a body shop, how much should I exspect to pay. I know body shop price is different from place to place, I just want a guestament on it from you guys

·
LEMONade
1,137 Posts
If it is deep, like down to the primer or worse, then scratch removal stuff will not work. There are waxes you can buy that have crayon-like scratch filling stuff, you might give that a try. I think some people have even used crayons to fill in the scratch, then waxed over that. It is really hard to make touch-up paint look good, you will almost certainly be disappointed with the results, and it is not really reversable. I would try the scratch filling wax, or rubbing compound if it is not very deep. If that doesn't work, then a body shop will most likely charge you to repaint the entire trunk, which will be $$$. Good luck man.

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
body shop might be like 50-60$ to fix it.

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
TeknoPunk said:
body shop might be like 50-60$ to fix it.

thats how much its going to take them to take the trunk off the car

labor+paint=200 at least

let me know of this body shop i need a few things to get fixed =P

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you are not down to the primer rubbing compound will work but be very careful not to go all the way through. Touch up paint takes a lot of work to get a decent result. If you go this route get detailed instructions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use touch up paint I bought from Nissan ($4) to cover up small rock chips on my hood and bumper. It dries really, really fast and if you mess up, it is permenant... I wouldn't suggest using touch up paint on a long key mark like that. If you have the money, get it done professionally.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I feel your pain!!! grrrrr :mad:
I once got keyed down the entire left side of my car. You'd like to think no one out there hates you...but i guessed I pissed someone off in the parking lot i was in...that or punkass kids jealous of my Sentra!! :)
Anyways...mine was down to the primer in areas too....they repainted it.
I dont remember exactly....but maybe $600ish for me....but thats left fender, both doors and quarter panel.... ouch!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
mcampo said:
I feel your pain!!! grrrrr :mad:
I once got keyed down the entire left side of my car. You'd like to think no one out there hates you...but i guessed I pissed someone off in the parking lot i was in...that or punkass kids jealous of my Sentra!! :)
Anyways...mine was down to the primer in areas too....they repainted it.
I dont remember exactly....but maybe $600ish for me....but thats left fender, both doors and quarter panel.... ouch!

I had someone break into my car bout 4 years ago...they didn't take my $400 cd player, and I didn't have my system in there...so they were kind of pissed....so they took my cds....broke my window (entering), keyed the car and hit the rear driverside fender with a tire iron and left a nice dent....that teaches me for leaving it parked down the road while sneaking into my g/f's window :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts