B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a little plastic protrusion halfway up the exterior front window moulding (near the front windshield). Seems like the 2000 XE has this also and I've seen this on many other imports but missing on the 2000 SE and GXE. What's it used for???? ....I'm gonna complain to Nissan!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about. That little plastic thingy on the outside of the A-pillar (that's the front one) is to help guide the window into place when you close the window.

I guess some people had trouble with the windows not closing properly so to fix it, I guess they installed this in the newer Sentras. So far, I have not had this problem.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Speaking of missing thingies, I wasn't able to find the emergency inside trunklid release button/handle/lever/knob/thingamajig that the manual indicates should be above the latch mechanism on the trunklid of my '01 SE. Has anyone seen it?

DL

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
DizzyJack said:
It's a little plastic protrusion halfway up the exterior front window moulding (near the front windshield). Seems like the 2000 XE has this also and I've seen this on many other imports but missing on the 2000 SE and GXE. What's it used for???? ....I'm gonna complain to Nissan!
My 2000 SE has that piece on both A pillars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts