B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Today, I went to Carlsbad Raceway and did couple of runs with the 1.8S.
As you all probably know, it's a 2004 1.8S with only K&N Drop in but the negatives are: Heavy Sound System and SUPER HEAVY 18" wheels and the car is AUTOMATIC and it was a really HOT day.
Ok, I know, should have taken subs and ran on stock wheels cause they are lighter but I just wanted to know how the car runs with all these. My best run was 18.7 @ 72.90mph. Here is the numbers. What do you think?


Lancer Rallyart Sentra 1.8S
Manual AUTOMATIC!!!
0.584 -------- Reaction ------ 0.981
2.583 -------- 60 ft ---------- 2.750
7.331 -------- 330ft --------- 7.815
11.178 ------- 1/8 ET -------- 12.022
64.04 -------- 1/8 MPH ------- 58.38
17.285 ------- 1/4 ET -------- 18.796
81.84 -------- 1/4 MPH ------- 72.90
 

·
14.09 @ 95.53mph!!
Joined
·
495 Posts
Ralliart you mean? PS to everyone who doesnt know this...Ralliart has no "Y"

Anyhow...that must have been one bad driver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep... I ment Ralliart. Sorry for spelling. oh... and yes, I think he needed a bit practice, He should have done better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
Wow, back when I had my Spec, I was trapping the same as you...
except I was on an 1/8th mile track. ;)
just playin, always good to see people do it at the track as opposed to the street.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Why would you put 18's on a base Sentra? You coulda spent the extra 2 grand for a spec V.
 

·
coming soon
Joined
·
14,392 Posts
tit said:
Why would you put 18's on a base Sentra? You coulda spent the extra 2 grand for a spec V.
uh, can't get any new Spec V for 13 grand dude..........XEs and 1.8 base models go for 10-11k.



htoud......why didn't you take out the heavy stereo before running..............?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
is your custom title geared towards me? ...just 1dering
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
htoudiee said:
Ok. Today, I went to Carlsbad Raceway and did couple of runs with the 1.8S.
As you all probably know, it's a 2004 1.8S with only K&N Drop in but the negatives are: Heavy Sound System and SUPER HEAVY 18" wheels and the car is AUTOMATIC and it was a really HOT day.
Ok, I know, should have taken subs and ran on stock wheels cause they are lighter but I just wanted to know how the car runs with all these. My best run was 18.7 @ 72.90mph. Here is the numbers. What do you think?


Lancer Rallyart Sentra 1.8S
Manual AUTOMATIC!!!
0.584 -------- Reaction ------ 0.981
2.583 -------- 60 ft ---------- 2.750
7.331 -------- 330ft --------- 7.815
11.178 ------- 1/8 ET -------- 12.022
64.04 -------- 1/8 MPH ------- 58.38
17.285 ------- 1/4 ET -------- 18.796
81.84 -------- 1/4 MPH ------- 72.90
wow...first off...I'm not an expert driver and my reaction time is not that high....damn...almost a second.....wow.....holy cow....ok moving on....i hope mine runs faster than that 03 Spec V w/ 6 speed?
 

·
coming soon
Joined
·
14,392 Posts
SPECSen said:
wow...first off...I'm not an expert driver and my reaction time is not that high....damn...almost a second.....wow.....holy cow....ok moving on....i hope mine runs faster than that 03 Spec V w/ 6 speed?
uh, dude. do you know what a 1.8 is? it's 126hp. automatic puts down like 8x wheel horsepower.

if yours doesn't run faster, you need to let someone else drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
chimmike said:
uh, dude. do you know what a 1.8 is? it's 126hp. automatic puts down like 8x wheel horsepower.

if yours doesn't run faster, you need to let someone else drive.
hehe i know I was just being a smart @$$ :D hehe....I can prolly do a 17 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
I'm a noob to the spec v and since we're already discussing it.....what does the spec v do the 1/4 in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
so for me i could do a 17 :D heheheh nah....I raced my old mustang gt (bad transmission-automatic) it did a 16.8 but I had a .260 reaction time :D and I shift like a mad man :D so I could prolly do el 15.3 or so
 

·
King of OT
Joined
·
5,210 Posts
SPECSen said:
so for me i could do a 17 :D heheheh nah....I raced my old mustang gt (bad transmission-automatic) it did a 16.8 but I had a .260 reaction time :D and I shift like a mad man :D so I could prolly do el 15.3 or so
Reaction time doesn't affect your 1/4 time....the timer doesn't start until you cross the line.


I wish I could've gotten my 1.8 for 10-11k.....I had to pull teeth to get 12k and that's with the $500 college bonus. Probably because the 04's had just come out, ah well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
pugnex said:
Reaction time doesn't affect your 1/4 time....the timer doesn't start until you cross the line.


I wish I could've gotten my 1.8 for 10-11k.....I had to pull teeth to get 12k and that's with the $500 college bonus. Probably because the 04's had just come out, ah well.
are you sure...cuz if it hits green and I sit on the line and let the other guy go and then I go like 3 seconds later...will my time be faster than his yet he wins the race?

but anywho I would think that if you have a lower reaction time then you are more than likely a better shifter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
htoudiee said:
Yep... I ment Ralliart. Sorry for spelling. oh... and yes, I think he needed a bit practice, He should have done better.
DUDE!! You have got to be talking about the 00-03 ralliart's,that came out before the EVO and new ralliart's that they came-out with too compet with the specV, the '04 ralliart's, not EVO'S, run a 15.5 in the 1/4 mile and a have 2.2 liter engine w/ 162hp-162tq :cool:
 

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
Joined
·
786 Posts
htoudiee said:
Ok. Today, I went to Carlsbad Raceway and did couple of runs with the 1.8S.
As you all probably know, it's a 2004 1.8S with only K&N Drop in but the negatives are: Heavy Sound System and SUPER HEAVY 18" wheels and the car is AUTOMATIC and it was a really HOT day.
Ok, I know, should have taken subs and ran on stock wheels cause they are lighter but I just wanted to know how the car runs with all these. My best run was 18.7 @ 72.90mph. Here is the numbers. What do you think?


Lancer Rallyart Sentra 1.8S
Manual AUTOMATIC!!!
0.584 -------- Reaction ------ 0.981
2.583 -------- 60 ft ---------- 2.750
7.331 -------- 330ft --------- 7.815
11.178 ------- 1/8 ET -------- 12.022
64.04 -------- 1/8 MPH ------- 58.38
17.285 ------- 1/4 ET -------- 18.796
81.84 -------- 1/4 MPH ------- 72.90

HECK NO JUST SHAVE 8 SECS OFF YOUR QURTER MILE TIME AND YOU'LL HAVE A TEN SECOND CAR!!!
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top