B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13.05 @ 111mph
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why but today I got two engine codes on my car. Multiple engine missfire and cylinder three missfire. It happened at crusing speed in sixth gear at 3000 rpm. Not really any load on the engine. I was driving on the highway, pretty much on flat road. When the code happened I did not notice a change in the way the engine was running. Anybody able to help me out with this one????

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
take it to kinetic man...check ur plugs and oil. I dont know much but hopefully someone else does.

·
Registered
204 Posts
LOL

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
after all this, im not gonna turbo my spec next year. i mean i have enough problems already with the car, that turbo seems to be a 5 thousand dollar migrane. good luck BoostedV.

·
Southern Shift Racing
2,511 Posts
Yeah, I'm staying away from a turbo on this engine w/ stock internals. Going turbo w/ forged internals is going to be way too much money considering the low value of the car. I'd much rather stay N/A shoot for around 190-200 whp and call it a day. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Boosted V said:
I don't know why but today I got two engine codes on my car. Multiple engine missfire and cylinder three missfire. It happened at crusing speed in sixth gear at 3000 rpm. Not really any load on the engine. I was driving on the highway, pretty much on flat road. When the code happened I did not notice a change in the way the engine was running. Anybody able to help me out with this one????

You have a blown headgasket bro. I had the same code and the dealer swaped #2&3# coils and the problem stayed, then they replaced all the coils and the problem stayed.

It is coolant leaking into the cylinders and causing the missfire just after startup. I just replaced the whole engine, because nissan voided warranty due to Balance shaft removal?!

Do a compression test asap. and check the plug (look for rust on the tip) after car has sat for a day!

·
Registered
382 Posts
actually its highly likely that it is the headgasket.... mine is gone too. there is basically no power loss when driving but startup after a while, it misses. and sometimes while driving.
it doesnt blow right up... but just allows a small bit of coolant into the cylinders.
this is one of the reasons the gasket was changed in 07/02.

·
Registered
10 Posts
same prob

i had the same problem with mine. i have an 02 with 45k on it. i was getting mult cyl misfire and cyl 4 misfire. dealer had originally thought it was coils but it was my no 4 injector. my symptoms were rough idle slight loss of power(obviously) and ses light. now car runs ok.

·
13.05 @ 111mph
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I reset the codes today and took it for a burn. No code at all under hard acceleration or crusing at 2000 in sixth gear. Only at 3000 and crusing. The guys at Kinetic said it might be because of the variable vavle timing, they said it MAY (not for sure) swing as much as 40 deg in timing under different loads. And just maybe at 3000 the timing may cause it to missfire.

I will also ask them to run a comp. test and bleed down test.

They are taking in to their shop next week and hooking up some PDA thing that measures real time driving info, little things like this is why they said their noy ready to produce a kit yet....

Also when the code happens I feel no noticable change in power,no noise ,and erratic behavior. The boost/vac gauge reads about 20 lbs of vacum and the EGT gauge read about 900-1000 deg F. Thanks for all the info so far....

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Mine is always giving that code. I took a compression test and got 200, 204, 204, 203psi from cyl 1-4. I checked the plugs and they look perfect and don't smell like coolant. I check my oil constantly and see no water. I feel no mis-fire at all. I get the code the same, in 6th at around 3000. I filled the water in the overflow, and I thought it looked lower than what I filled it to. So I'm not sure what's going on.

·
I WANT MY SKYLINE!
437 Posts
misfire!

adjust timing with consult II and replace sparkplugs, there has been cases where there are malfunctioning coils, have the stealership check it out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts