B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching information about SS for a while now and I'm trying to decide as to which one I want between the TWM and the "Nismo" SS. After reading all the commentary about the two...I'm even further from a decision. I guess my question is...with the TWM (although more expensive for what it is) does it actually move all the shifts forward? That is something I definately don't want to deal with. With the usage of cup-holders, I don't want to jack up my hands while trying to drive down the road. I'm also not fond of cutting pieces of my car because the part won't fit perfectly without it ("Nismo"). Now, I know this has been discussed, and may even be a dead topic to some of you, but I would really like to hear from the people who DO have the TWM so they can tell me from experience as to how much if any shifting was moved forward. Sorry if people find this redundant.
*mike*

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
Have the TWM... moved the shifter forward probably an inch or so in 1st, 3rd, 5th.. with the stock spec V shift knob it will hit a large drink cup from most fast food joints if you put it in the left cupholder. To me its becomming annoying and I'm thinking of either getting the Nissan Motorsports SS and taking the TWM off or getting a new, shorter shift knob and seeing if that helps.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
With the TWM SS, the whole shifter moves forward, since you are pulling the shift cable forward. Yes, with the stock knob it hits anything on the cup holders. I have yet to see a Nissan Motorsports SS, so I can't really comment on it. The TWM is really a nice piece but every mod has it's compromise. The cutting with most SS, and the moving forward of the TWM. So just go out and meet another b15 with TWM and Nissan Motorsports SS and try them out. You'll only know on what to decide on when you experience it. Our opinion counts, but it's your decision at the end.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the Nismo, can you visibly see where anything was cut or is it ALL underneath and covered?

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
twastheglow said:
With the Nismo, can you visibly see where anything was cut or is it ALL underneath and covered?
You don't HAVE to cut anything. If you do decide to trim the plasice trim piece directly over the shifter assembly. You wouldn't be able to tell anyway, it's located under the the center console on the floorboard of your car.
The instuctions say if you have problems you can cut a small plastic ridge off of the top of that plastic bit on top of the actual shifter. It's a suggestion IF it gives you trouble. I didn't cut mine and I haven't had any problems. My only regret is not being able to see the short shifter. It is a beautiful machined piece of material, it seems a shame to cover it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts