B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. Does anyone else's 2000> SE have rear disc brake noises? Mine gives off a "drone" noise while driving and after I stop driving. It's a low pitch monotone sound that lasts for a while after my car is in the garage. I took it back to Nissan and they told me it was my ABS and it was "normal." I don't even have ABS! Does anyone know what is the cause of this?

--black 2K SE, M/T, upgraded sound system, bulbs, custom front and rear "Wet Okole" seat covers, to be continued.......

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
cold brake pad hitting cold rotors? i dont know.... could be anything...... maybe look into replacing your pads....

might as well go brembo... for the big brake upgrade

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
cold brake pad hitting cold rotors? i dont know.... could be anything...... maybe look into replacing your pads....

might as well go brembo... for the big brake upgrade

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brembo upgrade will be expensive, if you don't have the money. Id say take it to another dealership.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i know.... but it would be nice

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
i know.... but it would be nice

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell yeah it would, but my brakes work great as it is. =)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my brakes are great too.... gotta love 4 wheel discs!!

------------------

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
96744-SE:
Its possible the caliper is not free floating. Give both padhousings a little mechanical agitation (lightl ybeat on them) don't get caries away. They need to float a little. Check both sides of the rotor for obvious damage. If the problem persists check the pads and rotors for excessive heat right after driving. Try not to use the brakes for a couple of minutes and as soon as the car is stopped, check pads/rotor on all four wheels for approximately the same temp.

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
26 Posts
DUDE, i have this same EXACT problem in my 98 sentra GXE with drum brakes in the rear, after driving it i hear a weird noise coming from the brakes, i posted it b4 but noone replied, PLEASE inform me about what this is if u find out!!!

------------------
White 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE 16inch rims and bangin sound system!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your problem sounds a bit funny. I can't think of anything right off hand that would cause brake drone, especially if you aren't driving. If you can be a bit more descriptive about the problem (weather conditions, ammount of driving to incur noise, type of driving (highway, stop and go)) then maybe I can dig up a solution from around here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got my rear disc changed. Nissan said the rear pads were wearing unevenly and the calipers were sticking. they changed those and resurfaced the rotors. for the humming noise, they said it was the fuel pump located next to the rear wheel. i guess problem solved. thanks for all the info. peeps! really appreciate it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got my rear disc changed. Nissan said the rear pads were wearing unevenly and the calipers were sticking. they changed those and resurfaced the rotors. for the humming noise, they said it was the fuel pump located next to the rear wheel. i guess problem solved. thanks for all the info. peeps! really appreciate it.

G

·
Interesting. So, the hum and brake problem were unrelated? BTW, it's cool to see another Hawaii member on the board. I lived in Kailua-Kona for 5 years.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 96744-SE:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was all of that done "courtesy" of nissan or did you have to dent your walet for that?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all at Nissan's expense. It might of been my fault for the rear disc wearing unevenly because you're supposed to go easy on the brakes the first 1000 or so miles (break-in period), but I love driving the car hard because that's what it's made for...well for me anyway. SE? Sport Edition??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts