B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a thorough car wash, here's the damage from the past winter. I'm in Canada where there is more road salt than road and use my car for daily courier deliveries.

1) Front bumper - not only is the paint being chipped away, the plastic has several deep pits..worst I've seen in any car I've owned. Bumper will have to be repainted after a few years.

2) Hood - many toothpick size chips. Could be a lot worse if I didn't have my hood deflector...

3) Fenders and doors - not a single chip anywhere!!!

Yup, looks like we have another Caravan fiasco on our hands....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Dude I know what your talking about when it comes to the road salt,,,we see alot here as well in the winter months and I'm sure My car has just as many pits in it as yours does,,,,I hate it badly it looks like ****....

G

·
My front bumper has a couple large chunks taken out too. It's like its made from playdough or something! hehehe.

Oddly, my doors are blemish free too! I don't understand it. My hood has several chips in various places. I am beginning to consider the deflector.....even though they are against my religion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was washing my car this weekend, and I didn't really notice any dings on my paint. My problem has been with the windshield. There are so many small chunks out of it, it looks like it's covered with bugs. I don't really drive my car that much though, since I work at home.

·
Registered
48 Posts
paint chips

I live in Canada too but I haven't had the pleasure of driving through the road salt yet. So far I am chip free :)
Think I'll get the front end bra for the winter driving. Hopefully that will eliminate some of the chipping I have to look forward to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts