B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has been discussed previosly, the problem arizes in the cars with the manual transmissions, that have high mileage. The problem is that the clutch feels like the travel is not smooth, i.e. its "notchy".

Well, I took out the airbox today to get to the starter (another story) and while I was there I greased the clutch release arm, where it contacts the clutch slave cylinder. Aparently, as those two parts wear at the contact point, some notchiness may develop. Now the travel feels smooth. I recomend doing this to anyone with a manual gearbox, to avoid the wear of those parts.

Have fun.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naddie:
either do this:
1. unclip the airfilter cover and loosen the clamp that holds the whole air tube/air flow meter together, them move the air filter cover out of the way.
2. REmove the air filter
3. Use a 10mm ratchet with the long extension to undo three bolts and remove the airbox.
4. under it you will see a hydraulic cylinder, you need to pry the rod of that cylinder away from the indent in the arm that it is resting in.
5. Drop some grease on to the end of that rod (its the rod of the slave cylinder).
6. reverse to assemble.

Or you can fo to the grease monkey and tell him to pull the air cleaner housing under which he will find the slave cylinder and that he should grease the contact point of the cylinder rod and the clutch release arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts