B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
more crap to be pissed about

just as i though my life couldnt get any worst- it just did. seein how my car was startin to turn black (even though its cloud white) i decided to take her for a wash and wax. that went off without a hitch. i drive to autozone to get a wire harness cuz my bulbs burned it to hell, like 5 minutes later we find out that some spanish guy who was changing springs in the autozone parkin lot just broke someones windshield. it turns out its the managers car (young fellow like 20's, mazda mx6). my car was parked right next to his with a space between us. i scanned my car and didnt see any damage, so i though. i get home and open my gate to get to my drive way. im like o fcuk..i had a big dent in my drivers fender. so i drive back, my father meets me there and were trying to settle with the spanish dude. he denies that my car was there so i show him my receipt. he offered me $50 i was like gtfo that sh it gonna cost me atleast $150. I ended up settling for $130. I can get it knocked out at a friends body shop. The guy had no ID on him. The manager guy gets pissed at me now cuz the guy gave me all the money he had and starts cursin at me. so now my friends i have a nice dent on my fender as well as my heart. life is GREAT!

it may be hard to see but its there and the brown stuff is grease or something

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
Man F that manager guy... WTF was he thinking letting some a$$hat work on his car in the lot, and the guy in the parking lot... does he think that parking spot is his personal garage? I hate people who rip their car apart in a auto part stores parking lot and the autopart stores that allow it. I would've insisted on his insurance company settling with me. If he wasn't insured the cops would be called, and his car woulda been gone.

(yes I feel ya.)

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the spanish dude was working on somebody ELSES car..the owner wasnt there. the manager starts talking his crap that my car only has a dent..i can drive it but his car has a hole in the windshield. first of all arent you supposed to me working and second so WHAT? my car was damaged in this too. he had mitsubishi wheels on his mazda btw

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Damn wtf though letting him do that in the lot?????? Only thing I've done in a parking lot is change filters, fuses. Everything else I do at home.

The manager could settle that shyt another way then just taking money. 130 won't cover a new window either...well not around here. Why they made insurance.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
FuLIsh said:
the spanish dude was working on somebody ELSES car..the owner wasnt there. the manager starts talking his crap that my car only has a dent..i can drive it but his car has a hole in the windshield. first of all arent you supposed to me working and second so WHAT? my car was damaged in this too. he had mitsubishi wheels on his mazda btw
Makes you wonder nowadays don't it. I can bet you that guy is a illegal too. No ID only cash hmmmm.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the managers car was hit but he gets mad at me cuz i settled my damaged before his. there was another guy there too working on springs on a camry.. soon as he heard they was callin the cops he jetted. i ALWAYS see people doing crap like that in parking lots. the most i hae ever done in the autozone parking lot was crawl under my car trying to tap the starter when it gave way. other than that i do my crap at home

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SilverSleeper86 said:
Makes you wonder nowadays don't it. I can bet you that guy is a illegal too. No ID only cash hmmmm.
he prolly was..he had some bullsh*t id on him..something you would buy off a corner..nothing official. the dent loots like its popable without damaging the paint but ill see..maybe ill pop it myself and fill it myself and just pay to get it painted.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
FuLIsh said:
he prolly was..he had some bullsh*t id on him..something you would buy off a corner..nothing official. the dent loots like its popable without damaging the paint but ill see..maybe ill pop it myself and fill it myself and just pay to get it painted.
Should've said 200+ :) and if he didn't have that and you mentioned the cops and he tried to jet you had to right to hold him. I'd laugh if he tried to offer you some parts.

That other guy that jetted makes me suspicious. One of those two did it, but most likely you got the right guy just makes you double think real quick though lol. Best of luck man.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CustomSentra1 said:
Geez man, thats terrible. How did you miss something like that? :)
well the way the car was parked it made it hard to really see cuz the front of the car was facing a wall so when i came back to my car i didnt really see it. i walked around the whole car but i guess i over looked it. i told the guy the fender alone is like $120 plus paint. hes trying to tell me $50 gonna fix it and he dont have more money. i said yo fine you dont have the money i gotta call the cops..i got no choice. all of a sudden he and his friend start pullin out cash. he tried low ballin me with $100 i said you gotta be kidding right. i ended up with the $130 and im prolly banned from autozone cuz now the manager has beef with me cuz i settled my damaged before his

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I would file a complaint with the store's district office.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill prolly end up doing that. gotta see how much it will cost to get that thing straightened

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think I'd check local yards first and even ones not so local for a cloud white fender so you can just bolt it up and be done with it....I've done it with past cars I've had, and it's far cheaper than buying a primed and unpainted factory fender or having to putty, make sure it looks perfect, prime it, paint it, and pray the color is close enough that it doesn't drive you nuts every time you look at it.
Personally I think you did the right thing, you never would have gotten a dime if he ever left that lot. As far as Auto Zone goes, who cares, it's not like their isn't a ton of other stores around selling the same stuff that would just love your business.

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol i knew that autozone like i know my house. it doesnt reeally matter to me. im gonna go to this salvage yard sometime this week to see if i could get a cloud white fender..dont mind payin the money for it aslong as its good condition. its prolly the easiest way to go. one question though..the cloud white color is the same for all models of the b15? (xe, gxe, se, ser, spec?)

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you guys got any idea of how to take off the fender? ive looked in the fsm but maybe i missed it cuz i dont find it. i read somewhere that i gotta take off the bumper..would i be able to just pry the fender out a little without taking everything apart?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Noggin said:
Would you have taken a check?
Heck no

To take off the fender take out the headlight pop the hood and open your door you'll notice bolts. You also have to take off the tire or jack it up so you can take out the inner well.

·
Registered
689 Posts
dude why don't you go after auto zone for the money to fix the fender....as far as I knowthey have insurance and as far as i know they shouldnt be letting people do major ***** like springs in the parking lot......so with that sid they should be paying for it not you......

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
so where is south richmond hill anyways?
and how did the dent happen? for that matter, how did the hole in the windshield happen? thats some weird ****. thats why when i go to pep boys or autozone i park in the back, and im there for like 5 min MAX.

oh, and deff get on autozone's case about this. they might be liable.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts