B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the other day i lost my ability to shift into first and second. then after driving around the block in 3rd gear, it came back with no problem. now for the past week or so, theres a continuous clunking/thumping noise coming from somewhere inside the tranny case especially only through 1st and 2nd and only under load while stepping on the gas in gear. i first thought maybe it was a bad synchro or shifter fork. i havent lost the gears since that once incident but the noise gets worse, or so it seems. my one friend said its definitly coming from the tranny and seems it may be the differential. anyone ever have this problem before? 2k1 SE 5 speed, 54,000 miles. i took it to the dealer and they cant seem to locate the noise which is bull since its so obvious. any ideas?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
find a different stealership.. it should be fixed .. sounds like bad news :(

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lawngn0mex said:
find a different stealership.. it should be fixed .. sounds like bad news :(
yea but if they cant figure it out unless they take the trans out, im not paying for that. i can take it out myself. they cant diagnose the trans problem externally. they are stupid....i guess ill have to try another dealership and act like i dont know its under warranty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts