B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to improve the stock sound on a 1.8L without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think he is referring to the sound of the intake, motor, or exhaust sound. not the sound of the radio. correct me if i'm wrong, sentraracer.

you could always do the free airbox mod and drastically change the sound your car emits. that's the only thing i've done to my car and it sounds pretty nice.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think they were trying to be funny. I don't think the factory dealership would like you to have a cai in your car and bring it in and say something is wrong. They would be like "we can't help ya buddy" and that would suck. Open (ghetto) air box mod is an easy good idea and it probably will change the sound at high rpm's but if your car is brand new don't bother till you get past your break in period. You will probably be reving the **** out of it if you get a cai, pop charger, or from just doing the open air box mod. Trust me, we put a "home made" intake in my friends honduah and he would not stop reving the **** out of his car. It is like some sort of addictive thing ..the sound. It did sound cool but whatever, it's all up to you. Remember open air box mod=2hp..and sound....Or you can stick a amp/sub in your car and pump the bass. :p

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
This subject has been discussed before and it all boils down to the dealership has to prove that the modification is what caused the malfunction,,,in another words if you are bringing in your car for a headlight assembly that is bulding up with moisture and they notice you have a CAI they can't say oh your warranty is voided....

Check out this http://www.sema.org/warranty/ and just browse around that whole site it's very informative and has alot of interesting reading....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sell it and buy an sr20.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
proktdh... you are correct

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
You can not do anything to the car without voiding the warrent, i took out my air box resonator and it voided my whole emissions system, i put on a new muffler, out went the who intake and exhaust warrenty. i out a hole in my intake tube after the filter for a intake air tempature guage and it voided my whole motor warrenty i have no warrenty on the whole car what so ever because of basic mods, the warrenty says any modification or removial of stock equipment voids the warrenty, oh yeah for the stereo, lol that voids your electrical system warrenty, which voids the whole car. Nissan is a dick about this and there is no room to push or fight it. it sucks but oh well thats life.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Chip said:
You can not do anything to the car without voiding the warrent, i took out my air box resonator and it voided my whole emissions system, i put on a new muffler, out went the who intake and exhaust warrenty. i out a hole in my intake tube after the filter for a intake air tempature guage and it voided my whole motor warrenty i have no warrenty on the whole car what so ever because of basic mods, the warrenty says any modification or removial of stock equipment voids the warrenty, oh yeah for the stereo, lol that voids your electrical system warrenty, which voids the whole car. Nissan is a dick about this and there is no room to push or fight it. it sucks but oh well thats life.
how can they void on a "imaginary" sentra. :)

Chip is wrong again(disreguard ANYTHING CHips says)
NIssan has to prove the modification caused the "problem" before they can void the warranty.

This topic has been covered way too many times...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE said:
Chip said:
how can they void on a "imaginary" sentra. :)

Chip is wrong again(disreguard ANYTHING CHips says)
NIssan has to prove the modification caused the "problem" before they can void the warranty.

This topic has been covered way too many times...
HEHEHEHE :D Josh

This subject has been covered before but read the website I posted it'll help you understand alot better......

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
DARKSIDE your an ***,and i should just disreguard your comment. when my car blew up i took it to them and they voided my warrenty because of the whole on my intake tube, without even looking at the motor. even if it was illegal they still did it. oh yeah darkside what did u run in the 1/4 mile, u have alot done, maybe if u learn how to shift u may come close to my time that i did stock.

[Edited by Chip on 05-06-2001 at 08:16 PM]

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Chip said:
DARKSIDE your an ***,and i should just disreguard your comment. when my car blew up i took it to them and they voided my warrenty because of the whole on my intake tube, without even looking at the motor. even if it was illegal they still did it. oh yeah darkside what did u run in the 1/4 mile, u have alot done, maybe if u learn how to shift u may come close to my time that i did stock.

[Edited by Chip on 05-06-2001 at 08:16 PM]
I can be an *** but i will tell no lies. They cant void the warranty cuz an intake and your a shmuck for letting them. I havent run the 1/4 yet so pay attention. Maybe you should stop blowing up engines, lying etc...

Your not fast, you dont even own a sentra. Go away, bad troll

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ok ,wasn't Chip supposed to be banned from this board. It is not a good thing that we let one person stir up the whole board just b.c he is being a total ***. Anyways, I say just leave him alone or ban him or something.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey what was that funny name again???
Chipius maximus

NOOOOOO come on someone help me on this I can't remember what it was.....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yep SS that is what it was. But why add lighter fluid to the fire? Just let him be and maybe he will cool down a bit more.

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
Exaclty Nimso girl just let me be and i will cool down. Pics of my car will be posted by friday i get my car back wensday, run it at the track make some more 14 seconds passes. post the slips and the pics of the car, cause i know u all want to know i own one, that i am be assicoitated with u all...lol

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Nismo_Girl_2001 said:
Yep SS that is what it was. But why add lighter fluid to the fire? Just let him be and maybe he will cool down a bit more.
Ok your right I'll leave poor chippy alone...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Chip shut up. You don't know a damn thing about sentra's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.