B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think about it, why do we mod....to improve our cars? to improve its value?

Neither, life expectancy goes down and value as well.

So i ask you, why do you mod your car?

·
Love it or leave it...
453 Posts
I do it for me. Not for anyone else and not for the attention. Im just having fun with it...

·
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
se-r girl said:
I do it for me. Not for anyone else and not for the attention. Im just having fun with it...
do expect a return out of this? if so, is it worth what you pay?

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
haha i expect a car that's faster, more responsive, and better looking than what I bought in the first place. I mean, if you're perfectly fine with how your sentra looks and performs stock, then just stay with it. If you want a little more oomph out of your car, I say start modding. And the money issue, it really depends on if you want to take up this hobbie...Foolishly, I thought just putting a system in my car wouldn't let me get the bug...but before I knew it, I was puttin money down for a hot deal for a hotshot cold air intake from powertech imports...$125 shipped from canada, and I knew I wasn't going to turn that deal down...neways, it's up to u!

·
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but why not buy a faster car to begin with, at least you can re-sell it later for a reasonable price...All the mods in the end actually reduce the saleability of the car.

the idea of being faster by almost an un-noticable amount seems odd and to spend money on this is even more confusing

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
I like paying less than $250 a month. Plus insurance is only $110/ month.

can't get anywhere near there with a WRX or SRT-4.....

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Also, hp doesn't always make a car fast. Not that many people bought this car to drag race with.

Auto-x is what I (and most people on here like). I'm not out to win, but to have fun. But if I happen to place first, then thats a bonus.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
You mod a car bc (for now) you have no big responsibilities (family to support) and a car is important to you. Young folks also (probably) feel that their car projects their identity. That will soon change :D :D

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
ADC is partly right (for me)

I have no other true responsibilities, and instead of living with how the car looks and performs in a stock format, I must tinker.

It is a hobby, it takes up my time, and it's something I enjoy, however as ADC also said, it's a money pit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
it all comes down to the old "you want want u dont have" theory, at least for me that seems to always happen because when i first got my car i thought i wouldnt need to do anything to it that it was fast enough but after awhile u want something new, more power, different look.. in a sense its like getting a new car everytime u mod it

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I do it to improve the car and make it more fun. But I'm not going to spend a ridiculous amount of money like some people, I'm just gonna do suspension and some cosmetics. If I had more money I would have just gotten a 350z or RX-8.

Also, my car is paid off and I have no debt, and this is one of my hobbies. So why not spend it on my car?

·
Registered
166 Posts
i do it because it is a hobby of mine.
i think of my car as an expression of myself.
i do it for me .... plus im 20, single and work enough to have enough money to spend freely ....... so why not have a decent car

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
adc100 said:
You mod a car bc (for now) you have no big responsibilities (family to support) and a car is important to you. Young folks also (probably) feel that their car projects their identity. That will soon change :D :D
For some. And I agree but refuse to grow up. The Sentra didn't match my level of game but it's close now L :) L Just playin. It's nice to have your 3yr old son ask if we can take the "super-fast car". Even nicer to start saying yes.

So I guess I mod for me, my family, my business, the adoring fans...tons of value in my mods :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand.
old with wife and kids and they all help mod the car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Why do I mod my car, lets see. For the Fun of it. I mean honestly i do it for the feeling. Know that i bought a car that was not the best in performance and made it something worth while. Yea i may not get my money in return but name One hobbie that you will get ur money back or not lose money on the process?? Its all about what u want to do. yea its expensive but honestly i dont really care. Im not out for crazy. Intake,Headers, Exhaust is what im going for. Some nice audio and im set. A really nice car that i modded with my own two hands and maybe the help of someone else. That my friend is ALL the satisfaction and payback that i need right there. So yea u may think its pointless to mod but alot of us here simply put enjoy what we can out of it. Someday we may own a faster car but there is always going to be someone that is going to buy a 93 Classic and mod the hell out of it just to out perform that faster car. To say yea. u spent 30K on ur car and i waxed it with 10K in mine. Thank you and have a nice day.

·
Fast **** box
2,005 Posts
OVOleg said:
do expect a return out of this? if so, is it worth what you pay?
Expecting a return on a car? Yeah right... Classics/rare cars are the only worthwhile investments, in the automotive. And even then they are a money pit.

We mod our B15s because we like driving a slow car fast. If you can get behind the wheel of your car and smile, enjoy your commute, then yes it is worth the money.

·
Hater
907 Posts
OVOleg said:
the idea of being faster by almost an un-noticable amount seems odd and to spend money on this is even more confusing
Heh. Perhaps the real confusion comes from realizing their sport compact "performance" car performs worse than the parent's family car, and they think they're but one loud, obnoxious, vibration inducing, warranty challenging two wheel horsepower mod away from being able to keep up with mom on the way home from the PTA meeting? :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I do this as a hobby sort of, also as an escape...whenever I get in my Spec it just makes me smile..that is what it's about.
Nothing is really ever perfect about most cars, their is always something you can do with them to personalize it and make it identifiable as "your car". I don't like to drive a duplicate to a 100 other cars in my area. That is why I will not end up in a Camry or an Accord or even a regular Altima (v6)..maybe an SE-R version.
Your only as old as you allow yourself to be, it doesn't matter if you have kids or a wife, she will respect you more if you don't have your head up her *** all day and have a mind of your own.
So get out their and spend a load of dough with the rest of us already.

Oh yeah, and screw re-sale value, ya ain't gettin' ******** for it anyway.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts