B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So decided to put my ES motor mount inserts in today, went last week and bought a bunch of new tools for the job (1/2" torque wrench, 1/2 sockets, breaker bar, etc) And I start the install today. Well get the front MM bolt out and the 2 subframe bolts out NP. Then I realize it looks like the lower tie bar rests directly on the subframe brace. So I have no sockets close to big enough to fit the LTB bolts. Go to Sears, buy more tools. Cant even move the LTB bolts. My buddy put that on at his shop andused an impact gun to tighten the bolts, I could not get them to budge at all. So needless to say I'm pissed caused I have to reinstall the front stuff and get nothing done today :( My FSB/RSB come in tomorrow but def. not installing those till the MM are in. Sigh. Also had a problem getting my car jacked up very high. Got a good 2.5 ton crafstman trolley jack and tried jacking up the front center pint and putting jackstabds on both sides but it would barely get high enough to get the jackstands on the 1st notch. Wondering if maybe I should jack up the sides individually to get it higher. Oh well gonna have to go back to my buddies shop and get him to remove the LTb and sintall the mounts. Really wanted to do this myself:(

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn was really hoping someone would tell me some way to install them wit the LTB in...guess not:( BAck to my friends shop.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gandalf said:
Also had a problem getting my car jacked up very high. Got a good 2.5 ton crafstman trolley jack and tried jacking up the front center pint and putting jackstabds on both sides but it would barely get high enough to get the jackstands on the 1st notch. Wondering if maybe I should jack up the sides individually to get it higher.
I used ramps when I put mine in. They got the car higher in the air than my floor jack could have, and i didnt have to worry about bumping into the jackstands when scooting around underneath.

Wish I could help you out more, but I dont have a spec v :( Good luck.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
You can do it yourself but its going to take some muscle. First get a breaker bar and put the socket on it. Then find a pipe that will fit over the breaker bar and make your leverage point as long as you can and still have room to break the bolt loose. Remember there is a nut on the other side so you need to have a wrench holding that so it won't move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts