B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the dreaded misfire in cyl. 1 .. I had it turned off.. so its either the plug coil or hope not butterfly screw... I checked the plug .. it wasnt bent..which tells me I got lucky and its not the butterfly screw<<Hopefully.. for now I switched coil 1 with coil 3 .. to see if the misfire comes back.. and if it comes back on coil 3 then we know the problem..bad coil...my question is.. what if I dont get a light at all again?..what can it be? just a hick-up?..

ohh and the car runs fine.. I didnt even notice the misfire.. wierd thing is it happened at 11mph and at 3750rpm.. which is impossible..3750 in first is atleast 20+..weird

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've got the same problem. Misfire on cylinder 1 but the plugs are clean. And I only feel the misfire at idle and over 4K. My acceleration is smooth.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
head gasket? it doesnt relate..its gotta be one of the three I listed.. hopefully its just the coil...

..has the ses light come back on after u turned it off??

·
Registered
430 Posts
A mechanic friend (certified Toyota mechanic) test drove my car and said that it could be one of the following: plugs (which it isn't), coils, fuel injector, vacuum leak.
He said it isn't a compression issue bec. the misfire is not across all RPM. I'm bringing it to the dealer next week. Just waiting for the stock header to get here so I can put it back.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u dont need put back the stock manifold.. waste of energy.. a good dealership dont hassle u on ur header... but have u got the light after u turned it off?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I been gettin the ses light on and off for a few months now. The misfiring first started in cylinder 1, then cylinder 3, and now multi cylinder misfiring. The light comes on then after i drive for a while goes off. Once i start the car and has a rough idle comes on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i was having similar problems i brought it to the dealer, turned out it was my ignition coil, or so they say, but im wondering if this may be a common thing

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it better not be common ...For now the car is acting normal.. I dont want to see a ses light..and if i do ... I hope its in cyl. 3..then I know its not the butterfly screws.will see what happens

·
Registered
430 Posts
specvspeedfreak said:
u dont need put back the stock manifold.. waste of energy.. a good dealership dont hassle u on ur header... but have u got the light after u turned it off?
I'm actually gonna trade my car in as well that's why I put everything back to stock.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have been dealing with a multi cylinder misfire. Check out this site. Click on "Section B - Engine Control System." It will take awhile to download but be patient. Then expand "QR25DE" and scroll down until you see the code you are getting. There is detailed information that can help you diagnose the problem yourself, maybe. For me, it could be anything since the entire fuel systme is different, the spark plugs are different, and my PCV valve is hooked up to a catch can. Without this manual I never even would have thought to check my catch can connections. When I did, I found that the one coming off the PCV was a little loose; I am hoping this will cure my problem. I drove all day yesterday with no light, I guess we'll wait and see. I hope this page helps you.

http://www.southern-shift.com/manual.htm

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
This is probably due to a bad tuning of the AFR I think... OrangeVee got the same problem just after they tuned is SAFC on a brand new car. The tuning was too agressive toward lean ratio so they bring back the tuning to something in range of 13-13.5:1 A/F ratio and he did'nt got any misfire again.

Check that and keep us up to date ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
angel2167882 said:
This is probably due to a bad tuning of the AFR I think... OrangeVee got the same problem just after they tuned is SAFC on a brand new car. The tuning was too agressive toward lean ratio so they bring back the tuning to something in range of 13-13.5:1 A/F ratio and he did'nt got any misfire again.

If this was directed to me, I appreciate the info, but my car is running between 10.8:1 and 11:1 - Forced Induction.

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
T Dot said:
If this was directed to me, I appreciate the info, but my car is running between 10.8:1 and 11:1 - Forced Induction.
Who's the thread starter? That's right, not you and I did'nt quote your post :p j/k

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
angel2167882 said:

funny cause I was just thinking that when i drove my car today..one thing is I havent leaned it out at 3750..and its not aggressively tuned..and ive driven it tuned for a while now.. maybe ill " 0" out the setting at 3500

·
Registered
4 Posts
elumira said:
How did you determine where the leak is?
Hey I had the same prob and it turned out to be the MAF sensor. I replaced all kinds of s*** before I figured that out. www.car-parts.com cheapest place for them i have found.

·
Casual Lurker
2,135 Posts
specvspeedfreak said:
head gasket? it doesnt relate..its gotta be one of the three I listed.. hopefully its just the coil...

..has the ses light come back on after u turned it off??

actually it does .. fuild or the loss of compression in the cylinder can cause a misfire very easily. Mostly at startup but can happen at other points in the rpms.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts