B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may want to do a turbo setup in my B15...anyone know how to contact him so I can find out how streetable and what I need to do / not do to accomplish this.

thanks

chris

G

·
You could try via the Se-r mailing list. Honestly, I don't know how much help he would be. The SEMA car isn't daily driven. Its a show car, and test bed for new B15 products. The Turbo setup on that car is somewhat unusual since they rebuilt a SR20DE to DET specs, and used various DET parts to do the swap. A lot of it was custom fabricated, and not available to the public.

For the record (once again) there is NO turbo kit for the B15. It can be done, but at great expense and with A LOT of labor. Things would be much easier if we had the elusive ECU.

Call Sr20Development and talk to Chris about a turbo B15. He knows as much about turbo Sentra's as anyone. He'll give you the straight dirt on how difficult it will be. After I spoke with him, I was somewhat convinced that the turbo path might not be the best for right now. If he was to do a DET swap on a B15, he was estimating 5 grand as a realistic figure for the swap. There is a lot involved.

F-max has bailed on their offer to prototype a bolt on turbo kit. Their interests are in the Se-r, not the SE.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Following the details of the article I didnt realize it was that in depth...no sense in doing it then. I will be upgrading in two years anyway to something in the $30-40k range (I want to pay off a debts I accrued while in school first and get a house)....or maybe a 88-89 944 Turbo S.

Thanks

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts