B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple questions for B15 owners. I am currently looking at a 2001 Sentra SE with Performance Package and fully loaded. But I wanted to know if the price is good. The dealership is offering the car to me at $17295.00 and the list is $19754.00. Is that a good price? Please let me know.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
List is $19,754!? I had every option but the cd-changer, and even some dealer installed things and mine stickered for $18,300. I paid $17000, but that is a bit high now that the supply has picked up.

What options does the car have?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ok, a Sentra SE w/PP 5spd fully loaded (ie. abs/side impact airbags, moon roof, 6-disc in dash cd player, micro air filter and floor mats) should retail for no more than $18,153. The invoice on that is 16,503. The auto tranny is $18,753 retail and $17,061 invoice. Don't let dealers add extra costs to the car just because thier dealership decides what the consumer wants. If the cars on thier lot automaticall have window tinting or rust crap or paint protection or god knows what else, don't let them charge you for it. It's very easy to get them to take those charges away, but in all honesty, you should be able to get this car for invoice, if not less. Just make sure you look at the final price to make sure it fits everything ok. Also, visit http://www.kbb.com for the latest prices of any car. They list the retail and invoice pricing for new cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I havent went and looked at the car. I have done all my inquiries over the phone. I am going to look at the car tommorow. We will see.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Invoice

I agree with frontierboy. Invoice or less. Look up dealerships on the internet. Call 'em up an tell them what options you want and find out what they have. Tell them what you want to pay. Tell them you are calling 25 dealers and will take the one that meets your price. They have one chance. It works for me. Don't be shy with them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are these prices in Canadian dollars? I bought my 2001 SE in December with the Performance Package, Sunroof, CD Changer, and floormats for $16,200 (standard transmission)... and I've been thinking I paid too much.

I bought my car from a local dealer after punching my info into Carpoint. I ended up buying the car the same day I got the quote. At the time it was impossible to find a standard with ABS... (I called at least 12 dealers- in many cities around this area, and one in a different state- they all gave me the same story... don't know if it was true or just some mass Nissan conspiracy). Anyway, at the time, the ABS only added $699 to the sticker price... So, I imagine it would have been around $17,000 to buy the car...

·
Registered
5 Posts
-99cent. I fully agree with Frontierboy. Don't get con'd by the dealer. Take it over and reason with the shark. Or try go to one of the managers for the car so you won't have to pay extra. I heard if you go with a sales person you'll pay like 1grand more then what you would pay if you go through a manager. It's questionalbe.

-Zombiedogg. You know thats really not a bad price. Considering what you got with the car. I have a 2000 Se PP Auto and I paid close to 17grand for it. No sunroof no cd changer. I think I got riped on that deal but oh well I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those dollar figures are US dollars. I have a 2001 SE w/PP, sunroof and floor mats on order that I am getting for $500 below invoice on. I went through the fleet dpeartment at a dealer in Tempe. I don't really see the need for the 6-disc changer. It's a cool item, but seems unneccessary. I wanted the ABS package, which I could have had specially ordered, but Nissan discontinued the package on all sentras except for the auto SE two weeks prior to my order being placed. I wasn't about to settle for an auto tranny for a couple of safety features.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Hmm.. In September when I got my 2000 SE Automatic W/O PP but w/Sunroof,Upgraded Audio,Immobolizer,Alarm (those are all extras I believe) I paid $16,400. That's a pretty decent deal, right?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
2001 Se with PP

$11,500 after tradeing in my rice, opps I mean civic. I got it for $100 over invoice. Not to bad I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wanted the ABS package, which I could have had specially ordered, but Nissan discontinued the package on all sentras except for the auto SE two weeks prior to my order being placed.
When was that? I'm getting a 2001 SE 5sp w/ pp and ABS, but I ordered mine around the end of Feb. beggining of March, I think, its been so long I don't remember:)

It could be here any minute!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
puckfreak said:
I wanted the ABS package, which I could have had specially ordered, but Nissan discontinued the package on all sentras except for the auto SE two weeks prior to my order being placed.
When was that? I'm getting a 2001 SE 5sp w/ pp and ABS, but I ordered mine around the end of Feb. beggining of March, I think, its been so long I don't remember:)

It could be here any minute!!!
I ordered it on April 9th and was told it would be here in June. The fleet manager said there is a two month wait on them. How long were you told it would take for one to come in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts