B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not buy them! They do not, and will not fit on your car (If you have an SE-R). I don't know if they will work for the other models, but I am assuming that the won't. This is a warning, stay away from this product. Hope this helps other people from making the same mistake I did.

I should have read the write up on there website before I purchased them, but I didn't. Here it is for you guys. It makes no grammatical sense what so ever. It is pretty funny though (in hindsight).

From Megan Racing's Website:

Nissan Sentra 02-04
Model Number : MR-CO-NS02

M-R coilover springs are made by 100% best material, able to lower 0"-3" (aftermarket struts or shocks might needed), gain super handling specially when making turns or high speed driving, and reduce fender space for a better looking. Our newest coilover springs also adapted the rubber cap instead of the old design metal gap. It will avoid metal hiting metal and damage the struts, this is very important and that how makes our coilovers are different with others.

·
Registered
197 Posts
no, the "rear" sleeves are about twice as long, they wont fit the fronts or the rears cause the car will be sitting on the sleeve, also, 2 of the springs are also ridiculously long and wont fit without compressing them, making adjustment impossible, gc's are all the same height spring and sleeve, and went in without any trouble, the megans on the other hand...woo hoo, er... booo

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no they are not like the Ground Controls. They give you 2 sleeves that are 3 times as long as the Ground controls, and 2 springs that are taller too. They won't fit and even if some how you did get them on you won't be able to adjust them.

Trance: John and I spent 2 days trying to figure out a way to make them work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They told me that they have sold 50 sets for our cars in the last month, and that I was the first person to have a problem installing them. Which means that either no one else has tried to install them, or I was the first person to buy them, or they are just lying to me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
qr25deSpecV said:
once again you get what you pay for? guess this is what happens when they dont mock another part
Yeah, $100 coilovers, what else should we expect? Well I guess they should at least fit on the fucking car.....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi
"50 sets" and no complaints?

BS, does anyone else HERE have them?

Maybe you just need the Megan header install kit (Big F'in Hammer) to make them fit!!
Who'd they copy THESE from? Megan should write THEM a letter and tell them to design better stuff so that when they copy it they don't have all these problems.

ROTFL!!!
(rolling on the floor laughing)

John
NO JUNK PARTS!!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
yeah looks like what goes around comes around john, i hope no one buys from this company, i had considered buyin a FSTB from them then saw all the neg remarks and said **** it

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
HSPerformance said:
Hi
"50 sets" and no complaints?

BS, does anyone else HERE have them?

Maybe you just need the Megan header install kit (Big F'in Hammer) to make them fit!!
Who'd they copy THESE from? Megan should write THEM a letter and tell them to design better stuff so that when they copy it they don't have all these problems.

ROTFL!!!
(rolling on the floor laughing)

John
NO JUNK PARTS!!

Good thing you ( Hotshot Performance ) don't make coil-overs....they'd probably be copied as well . :D

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
TheRealFatabbot said:
Wow, MR really dropped the ball with their latest products for our car....
did they ever really carry the ball at any time?? man, im starting to love bashing in these threads as much as the JT evo bumper/kit threads.

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
TheRealFatabbot said:
Good point....

But they do have a lot of satisfied axle-back buyers, whether I agree with it or not....
even a broken watch can be right once a day....for some reason, i dont see them lasting long tho...

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
True , but the saying you get what you pay for , is more relavent than ever before , when describing these coil-overs . ;) I still think MR makes a nice axle-back muffler , but that's a whole different topic......

·
Registered
806 Posts
qr25deSpecV said:
axle back? damn even ****in midas can make a axle back, it doesnt take a ****ing rocket scientist
Ok, wasn't trying to start an axle-back arguement...

I don't even like the POS, but some peope do and it seems to be an ok product. At least there's no fitment issues.

I just think that with their header having to be hit with a hammer and now these coilovers......arghhh....they've crossed the line now. I don't care if it's cheap, how can anyone feel comfortable sending them their money????

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.