B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Max,
Glad to hear that you got your Hotshot CAI. I guess mine should be here in a few days (cuz I'm all the way over here on the east coast). Also glad to hear that you got that temp sensor cleared up.

Now the reason I'm posting is cuz what if I find the non-resonated exhaust is too loud? Can I send back the midpipe and ask for a resonated one? I assume that he has some resonated ones too, right? I didn't know if you wanted to be the middle man on this deal or if it's alright if I call him. I didn't want to bother him unnecessarily.

G

·
John- You'll find out about the exhaust before I do. Mine got sent after yours.

I don't think you'll find the exhaust to be too loud. With the resonator in place, it was not much louder than stock. In fact, below 3,500RPM, I doubt you could tell the difference between the Stromung and Stock while driving around in the car. Outside, the muffler gave off a nice throaty tone, but it isn't audible in the car.

Chinoworld seemed to like his non-resonated exhaust quite a bit. I'd say try it out and see what you think. If you do decide that you want the resonated midpipe, I am sure Scott can work something out with you personally. However, I don't think you'll want to go back.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hey Maxx why is it yours is getting sent out later?? you should be first bro you set this deal up

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

G

·
haha....that is what you'd think!
It doesn't matter though. I'll get it soon enough.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Did anyone recieve thiers yet?????

I'll probably get mine the last seeing i'm all the way across the these fine united states

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
623 Posts
guys, just want to let u guys know that the exh has gotten a lil lounder. still not too loud, but u can tell its an aftermarket/performance exh. i've got over 2500 miles on the exh now. still giving me alot of power on mid and high end power. i cant tell if there is or any lost of power on the low end.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chino-
Does the exhaust drone on the highway? Like does the sound become really annoying? That's what I'm trying to avoid cuz I had a Thermal and DC exhaust on my Honda and the Thermal was so loud it got really annoying. The DC was bearable but still, after a 4 hour drive, you wish the exhaust was a little quieter.

Also, you don't have an intake or headers right? That also makes a difference. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see...

·
Registered
623 Posts
i have cai, and no its not loud on the highway if u obey the speed limit... if u hit 4 grand, then it gets kinda loud... just a tip louder than the stock exh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts